It's looking at me...

So most of my candle stuff as arrived..I can safely start testing and seeing...only I keep staring at the boxes sitting next to the wall here in my office and they keep staring back.

I know where and with what to start, just terrified of starting lol. I posted I am new to this, and I am...I used to make candles with my grandmother a very long time ago, but this is all on my own. I have the fire extinquisher handy and my notebook full of instructions. I made myself stick to one container to start out with (scent was another story, I couldn't stop :/ )

This isn't a post with a question, more of a 'its my first time alone' post so I had to get it out. And where better than here.

It is really cold here today, so I may put off the candle making until after the mail runs in case one of the other scents I have arrives lol

But I need to get on it, my grandmothers birthday is in August and she loves Vanilla, so I would like to have a safe and great candle to give her to say thank you for raising me and happy birthday. (btw any vanilla FO recommendations are appreciated)

ok enough rambling thanks for letting me get my nervousness out,

Aileene

Rah rah sis-boom bah!! Your private cheerleading section is here!!! You can do it! Just get this one over with, post your experience & all your questions & that way you can get on to becoming a pro!

Oh yea, post pics!

BTW, for vanilla, I'm a big fan of CC's vanilla voodoo! Wonderful in soy at about 5%.

Thank you everyone for your warm and nice welcome.

I am still nervous, but that will keep me from jumping into to much to fast (doesn't exactly stop me from opening my wallet though :tongue2:)

I will see if I can find a great vanilla from your suggestions. My grandmother hates the perfumey vanillas, she likes the creamy scented ones.

I thought about mixing a lavender vanilla, just because that sounds good to me and combines both of her favorites...but I still have to find a good Vanilla and a good lavender seperately before I decide to combine and I just don't know if I will have enough time to do the testing that needs done before August.

Heck, still deciding on the wax :confused:, trying to decide if I want to use ecosoya advance or the golden brands 415...so I have both sitting here waiting for me to see which I like better, we'll see....

Wish me luck and thanks for bearing with my rambles,

Aileene

I will see if I can find a great vanilla from your suggestions. My grandmother hates the perfumey vanillas, she likes the creamy scented ones.

FYI - I rename CC's vanilla voodoo to creamy vanilla if that gives you any indication on what kind of vanilla I think it is. Also, KY's is good too, a bit more buttery IMO.

Also, for a lavender FO, I've heard Peak's is good though I've never used it. I really like BCN's - nice & strong in soy :)

Okay I lied (not intentionally) I don't have everything here ARGH. I forgot to by glue or wickstickum things for the containers.

Well since I haven't bought them any suggestions on what is best, I would like to pick it up at a Michaels or Joannes so I can get it tomorrow instead of waiting for shipping

Thanks,

Aileene