I CPed soy milk

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

It did not work! It smelled horrible! It did not work. I know I read somewhere that you don't use the beverage soy milk. I poured in the scent and it didn't smell like anything. The oil separated and when I cut it, oil seaped from it. It was just horrible! Never again. Sticking with what works.

Maybe you could try it like some do with the goatsmilk and freeze it first, then put the cubes in the lye pitcher and add the lye to it. The lye will thaw it out as you stir. I also picked up a good tip on here or on the Whisk (dang, can't remember who it was), to sit the pitcher in some ice water while stirring, to help keep the temp down. I did my goatsmilk that way and did not get that ammonia smell, and it incorporated into my oils beautifully and made nice soap.

I can understand where you are coming from. I tried soy milk once too and it was a complete disaster and the smell was enough to send you running from the house. Next time, I will try to freeze it first like I do with my gm. Or maybe ihold some back and ncorporate it into the soap mixture after it has traced. I know it can be done because others here have used soy milk successfully. I just havn't had that luck.

Basically any milk can be soaped. Soy milk is possible, but like i said it does stink!

If you use coconut in the can, make sure it does NOT have guar gum in it. You don't wanna go there! Trust me!

You can get CM Powder that is easier to incorporate into your soap. Same with Goat Milk.

You could also try Oat Milk. Grind up your Oats really fine and soak them in your water. Strain well and use that as your soaping liquid. Gives it kinda a silky feeling so to speak.