OMGoodness! Lemongrass disaster! CUT PICS ADDED down page

Marisa

I have been wanting to soap Lemongrass EO for a long time.While I was visiting Shutterbug, the sweet woman that she is, gave me some to try. I soaped it this evening used about .5 oz pp and must have made it get to hot cause here is what happened!! I couldnt believe it. So I mashed and hopefully this can be a save cause it was pretty expensive with all the luxery oils I used even for a 2.5 lb batch . Do anyone of you think this will still be okay for use? Im hoping it just got to hot from the EO and shouldnt have had a cover put on it. We need a thread on EO's and CP soap..I had to search lke a mad dog for pp usual and safe use!!LOL Well here it is ..I put German Chammoile ground in it and on top.No color, and smelles devine!. It was pretty for about 3 minutes:cry2: Thats Red Saran that was on top , I guesss ASH is the LEAST of my worries!!LOL.EWWW looks like a mass murder!

post-557-139458394232_thumb.jpg

Thanks for saving me from that disaster. So sorry for your umm....soap...LOL

I was going to soap lemongrass next.

I've given up on cpop, I don't like the texture of the soaps. I bought a Kelsei mold and I just cover it with a towel. It doesnt' seem to get hot, yet. I also soap in a 60* basement. That probably helps.

Ahh..don't think it was the lemongrass, EO is much easier to work with them FO and I use them all the time, they don't get hot. Maybe you had it in there, but what method did you use.

I would need to know your steps to figure that one out, never seen anything like it

Elle

Well, here it is this morning.. After I cut out all the crudy parts its only ab 2.5-3oz bar , but looks alot better than last night!!LOL Shutterbug , you would never know that my husband calls me "the mad scientist" would ya!!:grin2: I had covered it in a oven that was turned off and barely warm at all, butI think it just got to warm from the oils, etc. Thank good I had put it on a cookie sheet, could you imagine what a pan if that would have went everywhere in my oven!!

post-557-139458394241_thumb.jpg

I recently did a batch with lemongrass and I didn't have an overheating problem at all. I think I did about 3/4 oz pp. I covered it but I didn't put it in the oven though. Why did you put it in the oven (just curious) I agree with Elle that EO is much easier to soap with than FO. Sorry yours didn't go right. Don't be afraid to try it again, just don't put it in the oven.

Robin,

My temps were a little high Like 110 and I put it in the oven to help it gel and keep it warm, eveidently it got to warm. My oven had been turned off I had oven temp around 175 before I turned it off. I would love a rebatching lesson!!LOL When can you some Robin, I got a spare bedroom:grin2:

Also I made a fresh batch and it turned out much better. I usally put them in the oven for cpop, but Im not going to with this EO. Here the new batch, the flash m,akes it look weird, but it turned out wonderful.these are not trimmed yet

post-557-139458394322_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Thats what I thought too, I added fround german chammoile as an additive (this stuff smells delicious on its own) and at first i thought maybe it was that, but thank goodness It worked on the second try, ive always wanted to soap this!