Container Question

Awww dont waste a good vintage wine glass on wax lol!! Like Angela said, it is likely too thin. Unless you did not want a clean even burn, and you could make it to leave a thin shell. That would be the only way to avoid shattering.

The "thin shell" would keep it from exploding? Sounds good to me. May not look the prettiest but I'll take it. This may be an incredibly dumb question but how do I do it to leave a thin shell? As I said - I've never made a candle before in my life. Thanks to all who have helped!!

The "thin shell" would keep it from exploding? Sounds good to me. May not look the prettiest but I'll take it. This may be an incredibly dumb question but how do I do it to leave a thin shell? As I said - I've never made a candle before in my life. Thanks to all who have helped!!

Well being that you have never made a candles, this is where the hard part somes in. YOu will have to wick the candle in such a way as it does not burn completely to the edge. (Tunneling sort of).

What wax and stuff are you using? Or do you not have that yet?

I don't have anything except the vintage glasses. I wanted to check this forum first.

In that case you'll have to test it out and go from there. Unfortunately with so many variables involved, there is no universal type of wax/wick/FO combination. You could get yourself a container candle kit and start there. Then when you learn how the wicks behave in a particular application, go form there and try in the glasses. When you test the glasses though, DO NOT leave them out of sight, because if it is overwicked in the slightest way, it could shatter the glass. Unforunately, something like this is for a more experienced candlemaker. (Dont mean to be a downer) If you are dead set on getting this, experiment with the kit first. :smiley2: