Newbie on Board

They are Electric grubby candles that when taken out of the mold you insert a socket with a light in them to throw the scent and they are also a nice little night light. I have been using plain parrafin wax since I just started so that I dont ruin my soy wax. The problem is I dont know how to make the light stay in tight without sealing the bottom with wax. Any info would be appreciated. Thank so much.

Nona

Nona

Hello and welcome to the board!

I used to make the electric candles and this is what I did...

My finished product was 10 oz so I used 8 oz of MP 145 and then 2 oz of Joywax. Cutting out the hole was real easy and when I went to go and insert the light/socket, I would spread the bottom of the socket apart and that would hold the light/socket in!

Hth some!

Stephanie

In my experience with electric candle making, there are two different kinds of cords with sockets used for electric candles. I've found the ones with the "spread apart" parts do not fit near as well as the ones with the "gasket". (at least in the molds I have, from different suppliers), I've found that some holes are more perfect than others too. On the more uneven ones, I have added a small amount of wax to help hold the socket in perfectly straight. You also will need to trim a rut into the finished product, so the cord will lay in a groove and the candle will remain flat. They do take a little working with at times. I test burn each of mine for at least 3 hours to make sure all is well with the cord/bulb too. HTH

Thank you Darla. At least I know I am not the only one who had to "work" a little at making these. I havent found a cord with the plastic or rubber gasket yet,but would like to try at least one of those. I will keep practicing. Hopefully I can get a pic up here of my work

Thank you Darla. At least I know I am not the only one who had to "work" a little at making these. I havent found a cord with the plastic or rubber gasket yet,but would like to try at least one of those. I will keep practicing. Hopefully I can get a pic up here of my work