Looking for constructive criticism ...

kate

Thank you all so much for your input. I printed the last two labels that I posted (the plain door and the one with the half cutout) and put them on my bottles - they look different printed than they do on the screen - and I'm undecided about which one I like. I took them to work and my coworkers are split 50/50 about which one is better. As one coworker put it, the door cutout is more attention grabbing, while the plain door is more understated and elegant. So, I'm still at a loss, lol.

I did change it around a little since I posted ... here's the update, and I'm sure I'll change it some more! I'm never, ever satisfied with my labels....

Soliddoor9copy.jpg

This one was sized for a my 4 oz malibus, so it's 1.5" x 3.6." I'm also using an 8oz bullet bottle, so for that I'll be able to stretch it out much more, and I think it will look better.

Right now I'm thinking of doing the cutout door on the malibus, it just fits better with the curve of the top of the bottle, and using this one for my bullets. Then again, I'm wary of using two label styles ... decisions, decisions! I'm sure I'll get some feedback at the first show I do with these, most people have no problem telling me what they think!

Edited to add:

Holy crap, what was I thinking with those keyholes? LOL! Looking back, I'm quite embarrassed that I even posted them! The concept in my mind was much better ... really it was...

Don't be embarassed. It's a creative process. If you never started with that, you wouldn't be where you are today.

One last thing...if this were my label I would move the weight to the very bottom of the label and center it. It's pretty standard to look a bottle or can of anything and see the weight listed on the bottom of the label. I will say this though, having it placed where it currently is really makes me notice your phone number.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try - when I realized I had forgotten the weight in the shuffle, I just kinda slapped it on there, I really didn't know where the heck to put it.

Thanks for your help and suggestions! :grin2: