Wagner Heat Gun--recommendations??

A worthy tool in your arsenal! You can find them at Lowe's or any other home improvement store, they are about $20.00. You can use them to pre-heat jars or molds, and to smooth the top of a soy candle, or heat up and clean a pour pot. Possibly even more uses can be found, you are only limited bu your imagination! ;)

geek

You need not go out and buy a high end heat gun to make candles.

Plus they get heavy after a while if your female. My most favorite heat gun that I laid to rest after 3 years of constant abuse was the Darice Embossing Tool. Its a medium blue color and you can find it in the scrapbooking section of Jo Annes Fabrics for around 20.00.

They are an absolute must for candlemaking. They serve to clean molds and pouring pots, smooth tops of containers and a variety of other things.

I have a Wagner heat gun and it's a great tool. It's not big and bulky or heavy so you can take it with you for touch ups. AND... it gets the job done (600 watts of heat) and it's easier to handle than the larger heat guns. I absolutely love mine and it was under $20! What more can you ask for!?!

:yay:

I use the heck outta mine. I have the Wagner one that is two speeds. I have no idea of the name/model, but I got mine at Home Depot. They also sell them at Wal Mart. When I replaced my last one (just used the first one into the ground) I accidentally grabbed the one speed. I quickly took it back. There are just some times I need the extra oomph of that heavier speed/wattage. I use it for: smoothing out tops, cleaning up drips, cleaning out pots, cleaning drops of wax everywhere in my shop (counter, floor, phone, calculator, scale, wall, ceiling :P ), shrinkwrapping, heating up pots if I am not quite ready to pour and my wax is setting up, and it makes a GREAT hair dryer! I never found a hair dryer that could dry my thick hair in under two minutes. It smells a little funny, but gets the job done. :yay:

Hi Sheri,

I bought a Wagner Heat Gun last week at Lowe's and it was HT1000 the least powerful and least expensive one they had. Total cost was $37.07. Lowe's is in my back yard almost.:P I love the heat gun and Lowe's. The heat gun is better that a blower dyrer. I had wax all over my bathroom counter not long ago with a blower dryer!!:yay: