Chart for tenths of an ounce?

Dianeb

Bought this new scale that weighs in tenths of an ounce. Does anyone know of a chart that tells how much 1/4oz,3/8oz,5/8oz,3/4oz, in tenths? I thought I had it figured out, But not coming up with the full amount I'm suppose to have.

Any help at all please.

Edited. My example was way to complicated. But, see:

You can see the issue here. You probably don't get the kind of resolution on your scale to give you parts of tenths. You can always fudge it a tad.

You're better off working in grams if your scale does them. Of course you still have to convert ounces to grams.

Tony

I know how to figure what you said donna, I don't think I explained myself correctly. Let me try and explain again. For example 16oz, I pour my melted wax into my tared out measuring cup, the scale is reading 15.8---Or if I pour 8oz of wax for tarts, with measuring cup tared out, the scale reads 07.8. My question is how do you read the .8? How do you read 06.1, 06.2, 06.3, etc.... I thought the 00.1 was 1/8 of an oz. 00.2 was 1/4 of an oz :confused: If i switch to grams I still don't have any idea on how much 1/4oz would be. is there a chart some where? I tried searching for one, but came up with nothing.

Thanks everyone for the help

donna I'm still not understanding, soon I will have all gray hair... lol

I'm not good when it comes to math with fractions and percentages, how did you break down 8 tenths to 4/5? Are you dividing by 2? How do you figure how many tenths make 1/4oz? maybe I should try grams,

Thanks donna,,,

Four-tenths (4/10) is equal to Two-fifths (2/5) because you can reduce the fraction by dividing the numerator(the upper number) and denominator(the lower number) by two.

So

4 divided by 2 is 2

10 divided by 2 is 5

so 4/10 is equal to 2/5

Just like a quarter dollar (25cents/100cents) can be divided by 25 and make 1/4 (hence the quarter).

Not sure if that helps!

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying. If the scale say 15.8 when you pour in the tared out measuring cup why not add 0.2 of wax so it reads 16 oz if that is what you want. For candle making you may be close enough. You are just 1.25% short of the 16 oz of wax. Now for B&B that may be critical. If it is critical then Tony's advise of using grams might be a good idea.

For example 16oz, I pour my melted wax into my tared out measuring cup, the scale is reading 15.8---Or if I pour 8oz of wax for tarts, with measuring cup tared out, the scale reads 07.8.

Weighted ounces and volume ounces are 2 totally different forms of measurement. Stick with weighted measurements, weigh everything!

angie, that's what I thought of, dividing by 2. But how do you know how many oz's in 4/10?

I'm trying to make tarts using 2 parts Ky all natural v/p wax & 1 part Ky-125 with cotton seed. how do I determine how much wax I use of the all natural v/p & how much of KY-125? example,See if the scale is reading 05.2, how much is the .2? I know it's tenths, but is it 1/8oz or is it 1/4oz or what? Maybe it would be ALOT easier weighing by grams.

Thanks everyone for the help

.2 is 2/10. This is less than 1/4 oz, which is really 2.5/10. Here are some fractions and decimal equivalents. You'll just have to aim between the decimals to extimate for fractions. I've placed them in order from 1 tenth (.1) up to 9 tenths (.9). I've inserted the fractions in between the decimals to show you the order:

1/8=.125

1/4=.25

3/8=.375

1/2=.5

5/8=.625

3/4=.75

7/8=.875

Hope that helps some.

Tony