blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcroome2005

The flash point is a little over 400F. If you blow past it, I hear there is minimal warning before what happens next.

No, it wasn't near starting a fire. It was near exploding into flames, giving you and your husband and cat no option except to run for your lives and watch from a safe distance as your house burns down. Of course if you were standing near the pot the scenario might not be quite that rosey.

This wasn't a little slip up like a piece of color block taking flight. It was firstly questionable judgment to use direct heat, but you have the right to make that decision assuming you at least understand the implications well enough to stay on top of what's happening. That means stay on top of it physically and mentally with your full attention on controlling the temperature.

I agree with Top this was not a minor mess up this time it was a major screw up. You are the one person I would have told to stay away from gel.

You think your lack of basic safety precautions are funny but they are not. They are just dangerous. If you would have read my heating instructions I state right in it that heating gel on a burner is the worst way to do it and you should never go above low on your temp and never leave it for even a second.

Before you start something you need to read and follow the basic safety instruction.

I have been making candles for 5 years and found CT about 2 years ago and learned safety here. I can tell you that the closest I've ever come to fire was leaving molds in a cold oven and someone else turning that oven on and burning wax. I have never, and most chandlers never, come as close to forever as you do. You are continually posting about this accident that accident and then laugh it off. When your house or your family burns then it won't be funny, it'll be more like "I should have listened". You aren't learning from your mistakes, you keep making them, posting them, and laughing about them. Please do us all a favor an back away from the wax until you learn to pay attention and care about your home and those in it.

Thank you for your opinions :-)

Sorry Vicky that I didnt read YOUR instructions.. My bad.. Next time I will make sure that the only directions I read are yours from now on so I make sure I get everything right. I apologize for reading the instructions of the people who sent me the kit..

Next time- I will ask my bowel movements not to come in the middle of candle making .. At least I was smart enough to turn off the burner when I did...

Christina

Also your smart ass remarks don't make it all ok. Have some respect for those that have tried to help you.

Don't you dare pm me and call me "mrs perfect" and tell me not to post to your threads. By posting your original message you opened yourself up to the opinions of the entire world wide web. You laugh about your near tragedies then get mad when someone calls you on it. Don't you dare pm me and call me names. You are the one who was wrong, don't turn it around and try to make me look bad.

Wow is all I can say. I came over here to see what all the fuss was. :shocked2:
Yeah, seriously, what does she expect people to say. The original thread title was "Stupid stupid me" and it's not like WE said it. It was a "seconds from disaster" scenario. Put your gel on high direct heat and go take a piss to pass the time, LOL. It wouldn't be so annoying except now she's pouting and having a tantrum with the forum software.

Next time it'll be from an Internet cafe. "Well, the house is gone, hee-hee. Silly me."

Yeah, seriously, what does she expect people to say. The original thread title was "Stupid stupid me" and it's not like WE said it. It was a "seconds from disaster" scenario. Put your gel on high direct heat and go take a piss to pass the time, LOL. It wouldn't be so annoying except now she's pouting and having a tantrum with the forum software.

Next time it'll be from an Internet cafe. "Well, the house is gone, hee-hee. Silly me."

No actually, it was far from that.. But I will explain at a later date!

What did you expect when you posted about ANOTHER close call?

Opinions or sympathy? If you want opinions, see below. If you want sympathy, find somebody else's shoulder to cry on.

I have had one close call with wax. The temp was turned up by my DD. I did not check thermostat because I had not changed it.

After my close call, a few of the things I did...

-bought a rechargable fire extinguisher;

-turned my melters/warmers with the knobs to the rear...what a pain.... checking the thermostats is interesting. (gotta try those moves tonight with my DH. lol)

-made makeshift corrals to put around the melters because the sides get really hot;

-unplug items from the wall because thermostats can fail.

-check temp dials before plugging melters in

....AND DO NOT MELT WAX IF MY DAUGHTER IS HOME. She is a great girl but wants to help mama. I will not risk any injury to her.

POINT BEING--I took proactive measures and am using good sense to avoid injury to my family and myself.

Accidents do happen but some accidents are preventable.

THINK! Stop relying on pure dumb luck to prevent accidents!

my 2¢,

Donna

Ok.. I will come clean before this post gets really really bad..

This DID NOT happen. I pm'ed 3 people before I posted this to let them know I was going to do this. I was trying to prove a point to someone that certain people come here looking for the wrong in everyone and always puts them done.. I thought - Well hey- with me and my accidents- what a better way .. I didn't even make candles yesterday.. I haven't made gel in over 2 months, since the blueberry pies..

This wasnt suppose to be funny.. I was trying to prove a point.. Shouldn't have done it this way.. Sorry

< back to my box>

Thank you for the appology via pm. I hate to break this to you, but you are not a mod. IMO, it is not your job or your place to set up a "sting" to try to trap someone. You are as bad as those you are out to get. I read the greenleaf stuff where you popped in only to stir the pot. If you had left well enough alone you wouldn't have had to go crying to the mods about why they don't ban certain people. If it doesn't directly affect you, stay out of it. I think your prank was in very poor taste.

Ok.. I will come clean before this post gets really really bad..

This DID NOT happen. I pm'ed 3 people before I posted this to let them know I was going to do this. I was trying to prove a point to someone that certain people come here looking for the wrong in everyone and always puts them done.. I thought - Well hey- with me and my accidents- what a better way .. I didn't even make candles yesterday.. I haven't made gel in over 2 months, since the blueberry pies..

This wasnt suppose to be funny.. I was trying to prove a point.. Shouldn't have done it this way.. Sorry

Come on, now. Those three people should have pointed you to the TOS. Flaming/trolling is not allowed. Posting inflammatory material to get a rise out of other members is not a game, it is an abuse of your membership privlidges.

Sara, Tried to pm you but its saying that i have to wait, and I don't have time.

Here is what I wrote.. I wrote to you several times in pm's yesterday to delete this thread before it got out of hand.. I even did what you asked me to and report thread.. But it never got deleted. please dont throw the TOS up in my face and call it trolling when the rules arent followed by all and people are allowed to come on here and bash others all the time. Same people over and over and nothing is done!

Thank you for the appology via pm. I hate to break this to you, but you are not a mod. IMO, it is not your job or your place to set up a "sting" to try to trap someone. You are as bad as those you are out to get. I read the greenleaf stuff where you popped in only to stir the pot. If you had left well enough alone you wouldn't have had to go crying to the mods about why they don't ban certain people. If it doesn't directly affect you, stay out of it. I think your prank was in very poor taste.

Carrie, First off, I dont recall crying to the moderators.. I recall confronting them about it and asking a question...

2nd off- I did NOT stir the pot on greenleaf.. Matter of fact, no one has had problems there.. All I see on greenleaf are people coming over that are tired of the BS on here.

3rd off- Your right, very bad poor taste on me for my prank... Again, I am proving a point that threads like this are allowed to carry on when its suppose to be against TOS as it has been told.. But.. then again, its still here.. WHY?? Why hasn't it been deleted?? Again, my point was correct.

Christina

I got your PM. It is probably telling you to wait because there is a limit on PM sending to control flooding and SPAMming.

I responded to your PM as well. Threads and posts aimed at baiting people and then asking for their removal after seeing the reaction you get is a waste of time and board space. I'd rather not see this get any worse than it is, so the thread is done.

-----ETA-----

Secondly, I do not like the posting of private messages because they are just that - PRIVATE. If you feel you are being threatened or harassed via PM you can PM them to me for review, but do not take a message sent to you in confidence out in front of thousands of people.