Layered Palm pillars

I have been experiementing with palm waxes, namely the frosted and granite finish one. I am wanting to layer a pillar, but I am finding that the subsequent layers are loosing their crystled appearance. Is there a trick to this. I am heating to 170, and pouring at 160. Each layer is done the same, but only the first layer is crystalising. I would love to do this with a granite wax, but it pulls away from the side very quickly, so the next layers run down the sides of the previous layers. If it is cooled slowly with towels, do you think that would do away with some of the srinkage, and enable other layer to be poured.

Please help me out.

Tracey

I wonder if you're pouring too cool? If I were to try layers with my palm wax, I would start my first layer at 180, next at 185, next at 190, letting it set up some between layers.... But I've never done it. Have been wanting to try... I think Palm wax needs to be poured hot to get the look.

I wonder if that level of heat would melt the prior layers.. I dunno!