OK we have gunk in a mold

Scented

Leslie says its gellin' ... I have my own opinions :rolleyes2

I used Leslie's recipe (how do you all have the patience to measure in grams lol); scented with sweet pea (Eugenia helped encourage that); there's color in there somewhere but who knows where it's at. I don't think I'm gonna get a white soap, that's for sure lol!

[ATTACH]4634[/ATTACH]

post-23-139458393221_thumb.jpg

Julie, was it super thick when you put it in the mold? The reason I ask is that it took me the longest time to learn that as soon as the oils turn from clear to opaque, you have reached trace.

Let's say you take your soap out to color it. The rest of the soap is just sitting there, getting thicker, without you doing a thing. I always mixed it too much before scenting/coloring and it was very difficult to work with.

As soon as it looks like very thin pancake batter, you can take out your soap to color. I usually add the FO to the rest of the pot, after I've stirred my colored soap well.

Congratulations on your first batch!

e

Thanks, but oh man.

Eugenia I took it out at about just barely past pancake consistency is my guess. Keep in mind, I had a spill here and started panicking and paying more attention to it than the soap. It got thicker quicker than I was expecting it to, but we'll see what comes out of it. Now knowing a little more of what happens, I can definitely be far more organized than I was. And I can probably cut down on using every kind of tool or kitchen utensil lol since I have to clean it all now.

I'm seriously glad it's over for now. I'm just expecting some hideous monster to rise out of the gunk.

Now knowing a little more of what happens, I can definitely be far more organized than I was. And I can probably cut down on using every kind of tool or kitchen utensil lol since I have to clean it all now.

Yep, you need to have everything ready. If you can, just leave all the pots and utensils until tomorrow. Today you will ahve an oily mess. Tomorrow you'll have soap and it's a snap to clean.

The only time I wash right away is if I need the stuff for another batch.

e

YaHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girl did it!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: You did great Julie, I can't wait to see it cut. I have a visual of you kicked back on the cough with a cold wash cloth over your head and Boy King is at your side for comforting. :highfive: The first one is always the hardest, it's all down hill from here! Congrats girlie!

Yahoo!!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hey now, wasn't it fun? Just wait till you get it out of the mold and see that you actually did make soap!! I don't know if anyone brought out the dancin baby, but here he is......

Oh yeah, another one bites the dust!

post-466-139458393226_thumb.gif

YaHoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girl did it!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: You did great Julie, I can't wait to see it cut. I have a visual of you kicked back on the cough with a cold wash cloth over your head and Boy King is at your side for comforting. :highfive: The first one is always the hardest, it's all down hill from here! Congrats girlie!

Thanks all!!

Um Sherie the Boy King is pouting because we had a heck of a time keeping him out of the kitchen. I'm gonna have to kiss up to him now lol.

Eugenia I'm leaving it in the sink, but man! I want my sink lol even if it is small.

MaryAnn it's not too bad to do if you have someone who helps you through it. For you, it'll probably go very easily :D For me, well Leslie helped get me through the steps. Now I just gotta quit peeking at it.

Leslie says its gellin' ... I have my own opinions :rolleyes2

I used Leslie's recipe (how do you all have the patience to measure in grams lol); scented with sweet pea (Eugenia helped encourage that); there's color in there somewhere but who knows where it's at. I don't think I'm gonna get a white soap, that's for sure lol!

[ATTACH]4634[/ATTACH]

Only way I can see.:rolleyes2

Okay...great!! I also can't wait to see cut bars.:)

Congrats Scented!

I knew you could do it. Now I bet you'll be showing all yer stuff and amazing us all with all your creative talent. I wouldnt wash a thing until tomorrow unless ya need to cook! But hey order out and celebrate instead! :yay:

Cut that soap tomorrow and then your on your way! I cant wait to see it cut! Believe me now that you have the bug you will be making more soap than you can wash with.....but baths become more fun!

Congrats again! Now tell us everything you did so we can give you more pointers on what might help next time.

Pam

Wow Julie, you have soap! Congrats on your first batch! :yay: Now that you have that first batch out of the way, it gets easier. I went through the same thing you did with the first batch, I think I was a little over prepared and used way too many things. I can't wait to see it cut! I am gonna be sending those cutters your way either tomorrow or Tuesday so at least you will have them for the next batch.

Ahhh thanks again!

Oh Pam you really do not want to know lol! Except I think I got all of the spilled soap cleaned up.

I definitely don't know that I've caught the soap bug, but I would like to try again. However I have to find some more lye, because I cannot remember where I put the baggie of it that Sherie sent. Arg!!

I think it's just going to turn out a tan color all the way through.