Largest Hurricane......so far

Donita

Here is the latest experiment. I literally made it with scrap wax. I took it out of the garbage and scraped it off. It isn't cane wax....just an old Christmas reindeer candle with some more scraps. Luckily the reindeer candle was scented bayberry and the others were grandma's kitchen so it actually smells very nice. I am keeping this for me as it is just a prototype. I did it with the three mold idea. The same as the little one I posted earlier. I would have made it larger.. however I haven't had any molds made....Luke....just using the pots and pans I have on hand. This only took 6 pounds of wax. I added another one pound for the bottom layer so now it weighs 7 lbs. How is that for testing my math skills. It is 11 " wide and 7" tall. I over dipped this sucker too.......that took nerve. Ed stood by and thought is wasn't going to work but it did. The orchids are my old ones and I patched them together and the leaves are some bamboo that Ed found in the street one day after a storm. This is truly a recycled candle. It cooled very quickly. I was very scientific using a turkey baster and one tray of ice cubes. It was cool in about an hour and an half. I was trying to rush it but now I know better. I only cooled it in the outside water bath. I tried to cool the water bath in the center too but that cracked the first candle. I can hardly wait to make a real one now and put that sucker out in the store for sale. Big bucks!!!!!! Now Luke, just how big are you planning to go. I need a taller bucket so I can add about 3 inches to mine. That will then give me a 11" x 10" finished candle. Large enough for me....so far...LOL....see....I used my math skills again. Donita

post-248-139458393207_thumb.jpg

What an amazing recycle job. What in the world did you over dip a 'cane that is 11" wide in? You must have hands of steel to hang onto that sucker. I have to buy a glue pot for the tacky wax so I can play too. That's the only way I can figure to keep the tacky hot while gluing on the flowers. I have some micro 835 I thought I could use.

Thanks all....Sharyl....I dipped it into my large Weck canner that had mottle wax in it. This was just an experiment do I didn't care if there was an additive in the over dip. As far as melting the tacky wax...I have little crock pots but I used to use tiny tuna cans on an electric hot plate turned on med low. Remember to use natural bristle brushes so they don't melt.....ask me how I know....and how many I ruined until I figured that one out...LOL "TT" Donita

amateur...

JUST KIDDING

it really does look good. I have always enjoyed how good you were with the pressed flowers

you use.

Now you know why I usually go rustic...overdipping these mothers is a tricky business. I have an idea for that as well though I can tell you about of you want.

how big am I going to go?

Uhh in all honesty? I'm working on plans for a seven footer...

I still have to work a bunch of stuff out though so we will see how quickly that plan comes together...

yeah I think your 10" by 11" is one of the lager ones ON THE MARKET and should be quite the novelty item.

Another masterpiece!! Has LRC got us all thinking Steroid Candles????

the unfortunate thing for all of you is that A.) my body is young and I can handle the steroids and B.) I live life for speed, danger and ever increasing amounts of liquified paraffin.

Be ye forewarded. I am a professional. do not try this at home. however if you do, and it turns out well, please PM me we need to talk. lol.

Hmmm....a wax bath tub....not a bad idea....

just kidding.

Hey I dunno why everyone thinks this is such a revolutionary idea.

I mean they make hotels out of ice. lol

come to think of it they serve copious amounts of liquor in these ice hotels...top maybe we do need to find some weekend and get a bottle of Jack and 100lbs of wax...