OOO do I need help

2 things I could really use some input on. 1st off when I measure my FO I put a glass on the scale, tare and then pour FO in. I always pour to little or to much, so I keep going back and forth from the scale jar to the FO containter. The entire time spilling and dripping my FO. I had thought about using a eye dropper but am told it wont work as the FO will eat away at the plastic squeezy part. Any suggestions.

2nd what should I use to cover my scale (plastic tray micro scale) I have already dumped so much FO on it its sticky. any input on what will clean it off also. Thank you all so much... I love trying new things but this is getting wasteful. :sad2:

Flip tops are great. I didn't like them at first... I learned. :)

Also, one or two drops, more or less, isn't gonna hurt anything. Being precise is good... being *TOO* precise will just make you crazy.

Eye droppers will also hold some residue from one scent and contaminate the next one. You *could* get some of the cheap ones for around 3 for a dollar, at some hobby stores and treat them as disposable. I wouldn't, but it's an option.

You might try wiping your scale with vinegar. It *might* neutralize the FO and stop the top of the scale from being sticky.

I put my scale in a freezer baggie....has worked great for a couple of years. My 1st scale got eaten up with fo the 1st time I used it....:P I've spilled fo, lye, and everything else on it and the baggie works great!

Pour your fo very slowly....if you go over a little bit I wouldn't worry too very much....Eventually you will get the feel for how fast or slow to pour to get the amount you want. I agree that a pour spout/flip top is the best and easiest way but you are still gonna get some drips....:shocked2: not sure if there is a way to prevent that!

Debbie

I put an old dishrag on my scales, but the freezer bag idea sounds great! I also have Yorker caps on my FO bottles. The 24-140 works great on Peak Fo bottles 4 oz and bigger, and MillCreek's 2 oz and bigger. When I'm ready to add FO to my wax, I just set the pour pot on the scales, tare, then squeeze out the exact weight I want in FO from my bottles. No muss, no fuss!

Just wanted to thank you all for your posts.. I dont feel nearly as odd or overwhelmed.

Just a comment --- doesn't make much sense to me that FO eats through plastic (like the little solo cup I started measuring with) yet it wont eat through the plastic bottle or the pour caps (I cleaned out all my cupboards and found a ton - I'm currently soaking them :) I guess just different formulas of plastic.

Thanks again everyone. :yay:

I have several pink tops if you want I can send you some. Also use zip locks, one for the bottom. Put it on with the zip in back and pull plastic tight over where you read it and use clear packing tape to hold. Then I use another on the top part, zip to the side I have my wax on, so when dripping all over it goes mostly on the bag. Cut slits on bottom of top for legs that go in scale.

I pour my Fo into paper cups. I use small ones that you use in dispensers-or large ones depending on how much FO. I pour lots of FO into the paper cup, crease the lip for pouring and pour the FO into a glass that is on the scale (tarred first). Then its easy to pour the remaining FO in the paper cup back into the original bottle. Works well.

I pour my Fo into paper cups. I use small ones that you use in dispensers-or large ones depending on how much FO. I pour lots of FO into the paper cup, crease the lip for pouring and pour the FO into a glass that is on the scale (tarred first). Then its easy to pour the remaining FO in the paper cup back into the original bottle. Works well.

I do this as well. I hate washing out FO cups and so using the paper ones works really well. They are cheap and disposable. Also makes it easy to pour back the FO if you do get too much. Just don't let the FO sit in the cup for too long or it will eat a hole right through the bottom. :rolleyes2