Take cover lol

Scented

He isn't getting close to it lol. He gets to the doorway and gets yelled at. Now at 3 a.m. I'm really hoping my neighbor ain't waking up going what was that? If he'd only just go sleep with Rob all would be good lol!

So how long can lye water sit and be good?

OK I have water and lye mixed. Leaving it overnight to cool down, but gotta say one thing ... if you live near the land of oz, take cover for a few hours in the afternoon lol.

Actually my question is, can lye go flat?

LOL @ Take Cover!! Congratulations Julie for taking the plunge! You'll be fine. :whoohoo: :whoohoo:

OMG, you're going to do it!!!!! We are all patiently waiting, teedum, teedum! Is it soap, yet???????:yay:

P.S. Lye doesn't go "flat" because the mixing of lye and water create a permanent chemical reaction. You can keep lye water around forever (I'm sure that's not the scientific way to explain that, but it's good enough).

Oh man there two people and one animal that are witnesses to what went on today. May I just say that it was hot, heated and a lot of new words were formed. I am not sure I will ever do this again!

No mushroom clouds though, but ummm plenty of little accidents.

Oh man there two people and one animal that are witnesses to what went on today. May I just say that it was hot, heated and a lot of new words were formed. I am not sure I will ever do this again!

No mushroom clouds though, but ummm plenty of little accidents.

Ummmm, you will do this again! LOL, when I come to visit you!!!!!!! I want to hear Boy Kings version first, LMAO!!!!

Well it was touch and go there for awhile. I was fearing for my life;). I wish scented could talk in italian....man that would be quite something....no wait....I want to be able to get out of the line of fire.

Needlessly to say she got it done and while my ears are still blistered I have to admit I am proud of her. Way to go honey.

Sherie when are you visiting?

Well, I left my lye water out for two days (I ran out of Coconut oil) and when I went to use it, it had formed these caked on crystal like thingies that would NOT blend back into the water. I got fed up and soaped with it anyway, hoping the blender would hit it and work it's magic- but the soap traced SUPER fast (which is odd for this recipe and FO) so I suggest you use it within 24 hours. :)

Yeah Rob got the blistering details. Harry, well ... um ... he got them too, but he doesn't speak English and doesn't understand it on most days. Leslie got the really mild version. Other than that, I'm the other witness. Sure wish I could remember what came out of my mouth because it wasn't ALL bad. There were a few oh cool and wows and some giggling but there wasn't much lol.