Oops

And this is why you put your molds in a cake pan when pouring something new the 1st time. Guess my 1st crushed can pillar is going to be real short. LOL Thought I had used plenty of plumbers putty around the wick pin. Thought wrong. At least I will have plenty of wax for the repour.

post-195-13945839318_thumb.jpg

Michael, Mozzie said she wore cotton gloves and peeled the can off her candles. The metal is surprisingly flimsy so I think I can just peel it off. I did make some cuts around the top to have a starting point. By the way, I've already screwed this one up a 2nd time. After re-reading my notes, I realized I forgot to tap the can. Will probably be all air bubbles. Poor little thing.

Sharyl the crushed can is by JoJoT!

Anyway, when in the beginning I tried with coke cans I found that putty doesn't work, I've never understand why!!!

Michael, Mozzie said she wore cotton gloves and peeled the can off her candles. The metal is surprisingly flimsy so I think I can just peel it off. I did make some cuts around the top to have a starting point. By the way, I've already screwed this one up a 2nd time. After re-reading my notes, I realized I forgot to tap the can. Will probably be all air bubbles. Poor little thing.

Sabrina, you are so right. No clue why I can't remember that. This is the 2nd time I've credited Mozzie. Chalk it up to old timer brain farts. Anyway, I peeled the can off this morning with no problem. Posted pics in the gallery. Think I'll try another can to see if I can figure out how to seal the wick pin.

We have a bunch of those Mann Lake molds. They are a rubber silicone stuff and very stiff. They are slit down both sides and you need to use rubber bands to hold them together. Anyway, I had not poured one in a long time and just put two bands on there and oh man did I have a mess! We were scraping wax off the table and the floor. Made me feel like a dork or a total newbie.:rolleyes2

Soapymomma