Candle & Soap Making Trade Mags

tealfrank

Hello! First, I'd like to start by saying that I have been very impressed by the wealth of information that is shared on this site. Since discovering this board, I have learned a tremendous amount about the candle and soap making process as hobby and a business. I am encouraged that such a resource exists.

Now, on to my question....As one that is completely new to the world of candle and soap making, I'm trying to absorb all the information I can get my hands on. Could you please direct me to some candle and soap making trade magazines/business magazines? I'm particularly interested in soy, palm, and anything organic.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Not so crazy when you look at it. However as a member of the IGCA they do send out a monthly newsletter, but it may not meet your needs; candlewic has a monthly one too that comes usually with their monthly ad, but that may not be enough for you.

As for organic, and it could work or pertain to soapmaking, probably more indirectly than anything, but there is a magazine called the herb companion ... you might be able to check it out at a Wal-Mart first before saying sign me up.

Trying to think of anything else there might be out there. You might try Pourette's newsletter or getting on about.com and seeing what you can join there. It just isn't stuff that's going to be the monthly, bi-monthly or etc. kind of stuff you would want out of a magazine.

While a mag. would be great, not too many people are going to share their secrets, whether that's a formula or a technique. Really, in such a large marketplace, you have to have something that makes you stand out from others.

• 1 month later...