SoapMaker

Grumpy Girl

Hmm... anything specific you're needing?

Add your packaging to the "additives" section, and under the measurment, mark it as "item". And when you add it to a recipe make sure you change the drop down menu to item.

You can even use this to figure the cost of your candles. *lol* Just add your wax as a "base oil". :D

You can also resize recipes very easily, just click resize, and type how many ounces you want total. It will even adjust your packaging when you do that.

Okay, here's one.

I put the exact same recipe into the online soapcalc and into soapmaker but I get two entirely different lye and water amounts. How do I fix that and know it is correct?

how much of a difference is it?

calculators can vary from site to site. i bought woodis soap maker about 2 years ago. the only changes i make in the water and lye dept is a manual entry in the discount box, per recipe.

if you want to change the internal water / lye %s, to what you have been using, contact woodi for instructions.

i love the program :yay:

I find that soap calc is generally on the heavy side for water. I always end up setting their calc to a 28% water discount.

As mimmi said, calculators can and do vary. I think the average calculator is set at 4 ounces of water per pound of oil, however SoapMaker is based on a 29% lye solution. This thread might help:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1978

If you're worried about it, you could always do the math in your head for the water part. General standards are 1 lb oil recipe = 4-6 ounces of water

Thanks guys. I found that if I did a -8.5 water discount, I could bring my lye solution to 27.3%, the same as the online calc I have been using, so I entered the negative discount as my starting recipe amount for any new recipe to get the same lye solution % as soapcalc. Weird, but yeah, you're right about the heavy water online compared to the program.

• 4 months later...