Yankee Candle Fundraiser

Sara

Anyone ever gotten a brochure from them for a fundraiser? A friend of mine (who has been investing money in my company, thinking of partnering) said she got a flyer in the mail for a YC fundraiser. I've never heard of such a thing from them. Must be taking a lead from us little guys. :rolleyes2

My friend's granddaughter did a Y***** fundraiser through her school.The only thing she said she could afford was a car air freshener.She said everything was HIGH.The car air freshener was $9.00.Most of us sell ours for $2.00.

Another friend of mine has had hers( I gave it to her) since NOV and she said it still smells nice.I was shocked.Was to strong at first but now just right.

LynnS

Lol Sara re. the rock living arrangements ... I think it's getting crowded under here ... but ain't it cozy? :)

Actually, what has always worked best for me is to keep focused on my thing (as long as it's working) and not worry so much about what's going on in the world around me.

I mean it's good to get the lay of the land ... but no matter what's going on (first as a crafter and now as a distributor) with other individuals, companies and businesses that might *appear* to be competition ... tunnel vision and knowing that what I have to offer people will buy has always served me really well.

Know what I mean?

Andrea

Yup one of the local schools here uses them. Can't get my foot in the door.

Here's a way that might help.

Buy a Yankme candle and burn it beside one of yours the same size. Take pictures say every hour. Keep doing this everyday until the candles have burned all the way. Print these out with info under each one 1 hour, 2 hours etc. Use this to show how your candles compair to YC. Also show them your prices and tell them about how your candles are lesser priced than the other and with that they will sell more. That yours burn better and longer and are more highly scented.

Also give one of your candles to the person in charge and ask them to burn it. Then check back with them how and see how they liked it.

Maybe this would convince them that they would sell more and there for would make more money.

Candle Man,

Just what happened with me but not a Yankee Candle.My friend helped me at a show.She had her mom to stop by.Her mom would not buy a candle from me but went to work and got one from a co-worker.Then she gives it to her daughter(my friend).I gave my friend a few candles so she did just that.Put them side by side when burning.She did some comparison and came back and said "You know that candle my mom got me is gone and yours is only 1/2 burnt".She burned them the same time.Oh well let her mom pay more and get less.

At first my friend just bragged on that candle but after burning them she didn't have alot to say.She also mentioned the jar was sooty from the other candle.

LynnS