First samples came- now I am nervous! :)

JustJackie

Well, my first samples (bses) came in from JS. Now I am nervous to make something! LOL I have resisted the urge to rip everything open and start feeling my lotions, etc. I think I liked it better when I was so super excited! :)

I am going to do a lot more reading on mixing, packaging, and steralizing before I open anything.

But on a good note- I got a sample of the carmalized banana... I am in love! LOL

Would anyone mind sharing with me some specific things that I should be looking for when I test- I think I have the obvious ones, but I am coming to the experts!!!

Price (ha- can't miss that one)

The overall feel of the lotion-

How quickly it "soaks" in-

How well it holds scent-

Does it seperate- (how long is a safe testing period for this?)

How my skin feels aferwards-

What else am I missing?

Thanks everyone!

How fun - that was really quick!

Ditto Michi about the holding up over time thing. I always do weird things to mine, to see how much abuse it can take. I leave it in extreme temperatures, I put it in direct sunlight, in the dark, leave it outside in the rain in a bottle, whatever I can do to randomly abuse the poor ingredients. It gives me a good idea about how stable it is.

How fun - that was really quick!

Ditto Michi about the holding up over time thing. I always do weird things to mine, to see how much abuse it can take. I leave it in extreme temperatures, I put it in direct sunlight, in the dark, leave it outside in the rain in a bottle, whatever I can do to randomly abuse the poor ingredients. It gives me a good idea about how stable it is.

Glad I'm not your ingredients/products Danielle. Is there such a thing as Product Abuse? :laugh2:I know I know :rolleyes2

One point to add ... when I first received my bases and added the recommended amount of FO I couldn't smell it and was sooooo disappointed. So I started emailing everyone that raved about this base to see what I was doing wrong and I was told it needed to "cure" or incorporate w/ the lotion. The longer it did the stronger it got.

Also don't be shocked if any of your FO's that have vanilla in them eventually turn your lotion creme to brown its just a con of vanilla in products :sad2: You can get a stabilizer for WSP to conquer that issue. HTH :)

ABOVE ALL have fun, before you know it you'll catch the bug and there will be no stopping you ;)

yikes! I have some supplies coming Tuesday from WSP... Crafters Choice Bubble Wash Concentrate and Basic Lotion Base... did I need a stabilizer too? I keep having to order more and more! I got my sample scents in from JS and already used them in Aroma Beads so I have to order the big bottles now that I have some basics I know I really like.

Also, someone just posted about letting the lotion "cure" what would be the time line for that? I want to start cooking and giving away stuff! Let alone jumping in the shower with everything! lol <I sure cant sit and look at these boxes I rip them open before I get back to my office/work area!!>