Trademarks....have you really done it?

lindsaycb

Do you have your company name trademarked? Anything else?

You travel around to all these websites and I see this and that trademarked, but I just seriously find it hard to believe that they're all trademarked. Then I go to search on trademarks for that product and the heck if I can find it.

Does anyone find searching for trademarks a PITA? Takes forever? A million pages that don't go for what you exactly punched in there kind of thing?

For example, I was on a site that ever scent combination was trademarked ...realistically, who could afford trademarking everything.

I was searching trademarks last night and found that was very easy to do.

Got all the info I needed rather easily. What words are searching for?

I did find that the sweetpea scent tradmark from BBW is dead. I also found that some scents names are trademarked by the company's that made them. They have the money do it.

Do you have your company name trademarked? Anything else?

You travel around to all these websites and I see this and that trademarked, but I just seriously find it hard to believe that they're all trademarked. Then I go to search on trademarks for that product and the heck if I can find it.

Does anyone find searching for trademarks a PITA? Takes forever? A million pages that don't go for what you exactly punched in there kind of thing?

For example, I was on a site that ever scent combination was trademarked ...realistically, who could afford trademarking everything.

I agree and some of the words that are Trademarked are very surprising. I just don't know how anyone can trademark a business when everything seems to be taken.

Trademarking a business is different than a scent name. For instance. Pomegrante. Is a very popular business name and there are alot of trademarks for it. One is returant one is clothing boutique. So if you want the name Pomegrante for your business you could still TM becuase there isn't one for candles or B&B.

Edited to add. At least not one I could find last night.

If I do a search for sweet pea, I come up with 9622 records. That's just for the keywords search.

But if I go and do a search for sweet pea, exact phrase, it pulls up 60 records.

Now I have to go through each record and find out if that name pertains to my product? Or if I'm violating their trademark, right?

If I do a search for sweet pea, I come up with 9622 records. That's just for the keywords search.

But if I go and do a search for sweet pea, exact phrase, it pulls up 60 records.

Now I have to go through each record and find out if that name pertains to my product? Or if I'm violating their trademark, right?

Okay use this search tool

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=9a0jf6.1.1

click on New User Form Search (Basic)

Glow that link is it for just a word or business names? Sorry if it is a silly ?

Okay well maybe I'm not understanding what she's lookin for then.

Wouldn't that be helpful in determining what words are tm and in what area they are TM?

Oopps sorry about that. I read your post wrong all wrong. I though you said that link...okay anyway to answer your question lisa yes that link is for both. Its any word that is tradmarked. When you click on the word it will tell you whether its a business name or a font type or what have you. Sorry.

My company name and logo are trademarked. I've applied for a federal trademark so no one in any state can use it.

Bev,

Did you apply for the trademark yourself or go through an attorney? I was thinking of trademarking my name, but to go through an attorney is sooo expensive. I was also afraid I might screw it up if I did it myself.:embarasse

My trademark protects my work so that no one in any other state can use the name Cabin Dream or use my logo. I applied using an attorney. I am fortunate in that I work in a law office, so I was "cut a deal," so to speak. However, I still had to pay filing fee, which was $325. That's a LOTTA candles!