FO's containing Vanilla in B&B products.

the_amber_woods

Crafter's Choice™ Vanilla Browning Neutralizer

Directions: You must follow these instructions for the product to work correctly.

Measure fragrance and place in glass container. Add equal amounts of neutralizer to the fragrance. Mix well and allow to sit a minimum of 2 minutes. Add to product. Note: You may neutralize large batches of vanilla based fragrance and store in glass amber bottles. In this case, shake well before using.

Notes: Test this product with your fragrance and lotion formula in small batches to ensure you have the desired outcome. Very high vanilla based fragrances may have a slight color change over a period of time.

INCI Ingredients: You are neutralizing and modifying a fragrance therefore list "fragrance" on your INCI label.

Okay now I have a question, say I'm using 1/2 ounce FO to scent a batch of lotion. I would then add 1/2 ounce of this stuff for a total of 1oz of liquid. Then add the whole 1oz to the product? Does it come out feeling more oily? That seems like alot to me LOL

I used Vanilla Stabilizer from WSP http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Tab=3&CatalogID=4&CatalogTitle=0&ProductID=2152 for not only M&P but for lotions, bath salts, bath melts, bubble bath, soy lotion sticks (just about anything I add FO to) ...... and it works for me..... if you follow the instructions (ask me how I know). :)

BUT like they said above this product is specifically for lotions and bath gels http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Tab=3&CatalogID=4&CatalogTitle=0&ProductID=3562

I've had great success with WSP Vanilla Browning Neutralizer. If I even think there might some Vanilla in a oil I use it. Learned the hard way when I had to many lotions turn a ugly color cause there was vanilla in it and I didn't realize it. Your lotion may not sit long on your shelf so you may never see the color change, but you don't know how long it will take your customers to use up a bottle.

• 3 months later...

ok, probably a silly question but if you use these products as directed to you are cutting your FO in half...doesn't that make a weaker scent? on the other hand you don't cut your FO to accomodate this and you are doubling the additive in your lotion---if you're using a base wouldn't that overload your product, making it greasy, thin and throw off the balance of preservatives?