Please help me wick my 3 wick before I...

...well, I don't want to get too graphic on this board, but I'm sure you all understand! Ok, here's my problem with my 3 wick mold. I am using IGI 4625 pillar wax and the "suggested" wick from the mold manufacturer which is 34-37 flt ctn cr wxd (whatever that all means!) Anyway, the problem is after several burns the sides of the candle start to cave in then I have a pool of melted wax all over the place. I'd like to be able to offer these to customers, but I just can't seem to get the wicking perfect. Any help would be sooooo appreciated.

Thanx

Lori

I'm not going to be much help, as I am in the same boat. I'm not familiar with that wick you are using. Are you trying to wick a round candle? Mine is heart shaped, which is more of a nightmare. I tried 3 6/0 wicks & it burned great for about 3 hours. It dripped a bit, but not all over. I am now testing a 5/0, which is a bit larger wick--hopefully this will consume more of the wax as it burns, thus eliminating the huge meltpool which is what is causing the problem. I try wicks, then pull them out & try 3 more. I never have liked wicking these things! Good luck on yours

Pam R

I tried 3 6/0 wicks & it burned great for about 3 hours. It dripped a bit, but not all over.

Pam, if this is a 6" candle and your mp reached the edges enough to drip over in 3 hrs, I'd guess your wick is too big.

Molly: 34-37 flt ctn cr wxd (whatever that all means!)

flat cotton core

I'd try a 30 ply

Hopefully this is helpful.

I have wick tested a 6 x 6 1/2 three wick pillar I made with chunks and clear overpour with just a plain 135 MP paraffin I got from Hobby Lobby. Chunks and overpour scented Ocean Breeze from Candlewic. Used three primed #2 square braid. After four test burns, the last one being an eight hour burn, it is burning down nearly perfectly! Huge wonderful MP and the three sides curling inward. If I burned longer that ten hours it may blow out, but it really works great this way and has a pretty decent throw.

Here is link to the first burn.

You may try a #2, and if it's too big go to #1 or up to #3 if not big enough.

HTH! geek

Pam, if this is a 6" candle and your mp reached the edges enough to drip over in 3 hrs, I'd guess your wick is too big.

Hmmm, my wicks are alot smaller than the 30 ply. I might give the larger wicks a try. Thanks

Pam R