Ky Pineapple fo

Candlewitch

Why do people brag about this? I got it in and its too sweet. Smells like Gum, and i had a cutomer say after the 3rd burn it lost most of its scent. She buys alot of candles and this was the only complaint, it was used a mixture and i know what i mixed it with throws so it has to be the pineapple.

Agreed, I am not crazy about many of KY's scents. However, Vicky has a very loyal customer base. Most of her scents are sweet and bakery. I must tell you that there is one scent that i have used for years and is one if my best sellers "Lemon Pound Cake". Customers go crazy for it. I did learn a long time ago that it is not what I like but what my customers like. If I just used scents that I personally prefered I would be selling a lot less product.

Mary Lou:rolleyes2

I like her Cool Citrus Basil and country Clothesline. Haven't tried many others because I mainly order from JS. Those two throw well for me though. She also doesn't have as large of a selection as other suppliers, so there aren't many other FOs that I want to try.

I've recently started testing some of Vickey's fo's. I use KY125 and KY pillar/votive wax. So far, I love:

Lemond Pound Cake

Vermont Maple Syrup

Caramel Pecan Pie

Homade Apple Pie

Pumpkin Pie (I mix it with a little HAP to kick it up a notch)

Cinnamon Toast

Every fo I've tested has really thrown well for me.

I have used the following for a couple of years and just love her oils.

Cool Citrus Basil

Orange Chiffon Cake

Cinnamon Toast (Yummy)

Christmas Past (real pine w/no fuel)

Lavender Vanilla

Carmel Pecan Pie (this one is wonderful and strong)

Am wondering about her new ones.....Mac Apple and the new Peach. Want to try those, IMO, those are two tough ones to get a good strong throw. Any reviews on those anyone?

So nobody tried the Pineapple? She noted on her website that she isnt keeping the mac apple, not strong enough. The new peach if it is the Yankee dupe of fresh peach should be good but i havent tried it yet. Her scent list grows slower then most but she has almost no duds compared to those who have 200 scents and have 50 duds for example.

I never imagined a good pineapple scent would be hard to find, but I've tried a dozen or so, and none of them was what I'm looking for. I hadn't tried Ky.'s, but I guess I can cross it off the list. The ones I've tried don't smell bad-just not realistic. There's always a synthetic, artificial note that keeps them from smelling like a real pineapple. The closest ones were Genwax and Bluegrass Candle's oils. HTH.