Millcreek

quietgirl2004

ok here is a biggie. I make the candles and now my wife is wanting to branch off and make lotions. can anyone suggest where she should start to learn about the testing and making of lotions. I hope I have not created a monster. Any help would be appreciated.:yay:

This is my own opinion here. I think it goes on smoother, sinks in better and makes my hands feel smooth, no greasy feeling. Even after I wash my hands, they still feel soft, I can still feel the lotion in them. I tried Millcreek, BC, and MMS and I personally liked Millcreek the best.

i would not make my own. i third, forth and fifth millcreek's soy base is the best and their oil are awesome you can't go wrong with millcreek's products.

if you order their base be sure to get a lotion pump to go with it, because it is real thick and hard to get out of the jug.

This thread has taken a different turn so I'll give my opinions :P

I'm a REALLY BIG fan of Millcreek's (as most know). I started out with their FO's, wax, wicks, etc basically everything!! I listen to others experiment with the competition and then come back (the same with there small B&B line.) I started B&Bing a year after waxing, as I was getting the wax basics down I would read about their lotions and body sprays thinking someday. They were both RAVED about on their forum and now my customers rave about them as well. I decided why try figuring out lotion and sprays when MC has GREAT bases, there are so many more things to make. BTW, I emailed Kathy the other day and she said :

"Good Afternoon MaryAnn,

The MillCreek Message Board is being revamped and under major construction. At this time we do not have an expected date it will be up and running...."

ALSO

"...... At this time we do not know that either.(I asked if the old threads would be saved as they have AWESOME info on them) We are working on it as time allows and are running into a few snags—that is one of the snags. It was a ton of info to have lost if we can’t have it.... )

To get back to the topic somewhat I have tried the BS FO's in M&P with GREAT success and hope to in CP & HP someday :rolleyes2.

• 1 month later...
Does anybody use Millcreek fo's to cp with? If so which ones do ok?

I can finally answer this question...... 2 weeks ago I tried doing my version of LLC :grin2: I had a sample of Lemon Drop and some Birthday so I mixed the two and both did GREAT, no acceleration/seizing! As far as staying power it's still curing so I can't answer that one (it smells yummy though). With discoloring its hard to say because I did a double layer; the bottom layer I used a lad bit of yellow so its browned a little. The top layer I used TD and swirled in yellow, so the top layer hasn't changed in color.

I plan to try more FOs from MC I just need more OILS!!!! HTH :)