Aloe Butter

slow-burn

Our first big job for our new mod, lol! Or anyone else that can help me ;)

Ok, call me a dweeb :blushing: But since I am new to all of this, I have been doing a ton of reading, and playing with sooz. When you click on qualities of aloe butter, it adds 2 iodine and a bunch of INS. I haven't been paying alot of attention to the INS, cuz I can't manage to get a bar that is "balanced at 160" without using a ton of coconut, which I now know is the wrong thing to do, lol!

Anyway, is adding aloe butter to help balance the bar? It didn't show any other qualities or fatty acids, just the iodine and INS. And if aloe is good for the skin, wouldn't the aloe butter have the same benefits, and if so, how come nothing shows up?

Sorry to be a PITA! I sure hope someone can help me!

Nope, Crisco is nothing like that. It actually has hardness and other qualities, including fatty acids. However, as I said the Aloe butter is zilch on everything except 2 on iodine, and 200+ on INS. So I guess I am just trying to figure out what benefits it would add other than bringing everything else down while upping the INS :confused:

Maybe I am just being too big of a PITA :rolleyes2

I don't know girl.. I went to MMS to look at theirs, and it's white. My aloe extract is light yellowish tan, so it couldn't be all that high of a usage.

INCI = Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

And even on MMS the sap values are way different..

Oh ROBIN! Help! Or anyone! lol!!!

Hmmm, will have to check mms out. On sooz sap is .179 and coconut was .183 (I think it said) Where as the coconut has other qualities as well as fatty acids and a iodine of 10 and an INS of 258.

I am sorry to be a pain, I just would like to understand this. If it doesn't do much for soap, why would one use it?