Coco 83 vs BW 924 (coco apricot creme)

Tjwaversano

Gents and gals,

Just did a test between the above mentioned waxes in the title with the intent of seeing how vybar, stearic and S and P 487 work in each (and to, ultimately, see which works better with the additives). All things in teh test environment being held the same besides the waxes, I had not the best results with the BW 924. Specifically, cavitation around the wick with the vybar, and ugly bumpy tops with the stearic (S and P did fine). All experiments were done in a rather warm environment (my garage at roughly 90 to 95 degrees ambient temp) and the jars were fully jacketed (jars were 2.5 inch diam (top and bottom with slight curvature in the neck. Pour temps were 195F degrees for the BW 924 and 210F for the coco 83. Fragrance temps were 195F for the BW 924 and 210F for the coco 83. I don't think its a question of temperature gradient and differential cooling for the cavitation, but maybe the wax? I know they vary alot from manufacturer to manufacturer and I know the shortage of coco has yielded some low grade products from manufacturers. TL;DR, is it just that BW 924 is just difficult to work with/ lower quality than coco 83? or is it just a higher skill ceiling and I'm lacking?

I have not had the best results in tests with BW waxes. I tried many of their waxes but did not get results. The only one I sort of liked was their paraffin bought at Aztec because it comes in pellets. It can be a handy blender if you have a wax in opaque jars. It shrinks but ease of use is good.

• Like 1