Whew, testing is tough...

OK, I have been playing with some different formulas and started thinking, I could tell because the burning smell wasn't one of my candles... :)

Let me preface this with I am using J225, which I know not a lot of people have played with yet, but I think my questions should be common enough to suit other waxes.

1. If I am pouring containers, tin in this case, that are not clear do I need to concern myself with a UV Inhibitor?

2. Because you can't see into my container, I am considering skipping using a dye. I am much more focused on scent and container than color. So, if not using color, is there a reason to bother with UV Inhibitor?

3. I made an assumption that I would want to use Vybar, but after doing more research I read that Vybar in a pre-blended wax could cause the scent to "lock-up". Well I think I am experiencing that. I didn't put one and one together when looking at J225 and seeing that it was a "premium blended wax" = "pre-blended". The scents I have produced are nice, but require a lot of oil to get out of the candle. So I am guessing I shouldn't be using the Vybar, correct?

Nope, don't use any Vybar.

I would use the UV to help insure against problems but it's up to you. I suppose you can get by without it using tins, but if they're window tins or get left open then light can still affect them. It can affect ingredients other than dye, including the wax itself, and possibly cause some discoloration.

OK, while we are on the subject, all kinds of places sell UV Inhibitor, but I don't see a manufacturer on it. Are there different kinds/grades/qualities of UV Inhibitor? Is there anything special I should be looking for in the UV Inhibitor?

I use Peaks since its got all the parts mixed together. For example, you can buy A and B at Candlewic, but not together that I could tell.

Also white or plain wax can catch a orange hue to it so I'd use the UV anyway.

Unless you overloaded your load with a ton of vybar, I doubt that a little bit would lock up the scent. Depends on where you got your FOs and how much vybar you put into your mix.