CTer's Where were you just now???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the steps I was taught to use during a fire. R.A.C.E

R-rescue anyone unable to leave the area of danger.

A-pull the alarm if you have one.

C-confine the fire, close doors to the room on fire etc...

E-extinguish the fire if you can or escape from the area.

HTH

-you did just fine!:)

Not exactly. They used an animated turtle cartoon character and a "duck and cover" song to prepare grade school kids for a nuclear attack. Seriously.

Maybe that's what it was...

I remember being lined up in the school hallway, sitting indian style, for tornado drills in Tx and climbing under our desks for earthquake drill in Wa though...lol

You actually think all this is funny? Girl, you need to step away from wax all together. Seriously. I find no humor in the fact you have had multiple fires. And everyone else laughing has a big problem also. Just hope you have no children in your house.

She did not post this for anyone to come down on her...She posted to lighten things up. Geesh, things happen.

If I spill dye one too many times, do I need to retire from making candles. I know die/fire...difference...but accidents do happen.

I have some medication for you that might help....

Prescription:

10000000000 mg of Parasoyfadahchandlerosimeryson (aka Chill Pill)

Christina, I am glad that you are okay....but picturing this in my head :P ...sorry to have a laugh at your expense.

Uh oh, Mrs Pyro is at it again

ROFL! That one hits home! My sister calls me Miss Pyro.

I am bad with fire, I really am. I once had an, erm... incident with a spray paint can. It exploded (literally), caught my hair on fire, and stained my arms and legs with thousands of tiny black paint dots.

My sister heard it explode and she was inside the house, came running out to me, and there I was all dazed and dalmation-y looking with smoking hair. I think I was only 15 at the time... It wasn't my fault though. I didn't know the paint was in there. Not quite sure who put it in with the burnable trash.

So now we know spray paint + fire = big explosion. :P

Girl you need to relax that posterior sphincter muscle and go see a professional about this fire complex of yours. 75% of your posts here andnationwide are declarations of what is going to burn down the house or the neighborhood or the world. It's getting weird already.

It's not me with a fire complex, nor the one in need of a professional on this matter. True, I don't post much here, just read. When I see a post about "someone almost burning their house down", I feel compelled to post. Some day one of you will burn the house down, then we can see how funny it really is. It is not a laughing matter, and certainly not weird. What is funny is the amount of people who think it is funny. Maybe a group step program is in order.

Trying to find humor in situations that weren't funny, after the fact, it the human nature way of dealing with things. That doesn't mean, in any way, shape or form, that we think it's acceptable to be careless. However, accidents WILL happen. All we can do is try to be careful, and hope nobody/nothing is seriously injured/damaged.

This thread is a light hearted reminder that this hobby/business can be dangerous. And on that note, I agree... take a CHILL PILL! :rolleyes2

I did feel a disturbance in the Force.

Top, please remind me to NEVER read your posts while drinking wine - I nearly spluttered the whole lot over my keyboard laughing so much at your reply. Christina, I am glad that you are (relatively speaking) well and spotted your wick pin loss before pouring all your layers - now that would be a royal pain in the butt.

Trying to find humor in situations that weren't funny, after the fact, it the human nature way of dealing with things. That doesn't mean, in any way, shape or form, that we think it's acceptable to be careless. However, accidents WILL happen. All we can do is try to be careful, and hope nobody/nothing is seriously injured/damaged.

This thread is a light hearted reminder that this hobby/business can be dangerous. And on that note, I agree... take a CHILL PILL! :rolleyes2

Funny, I have never had one. If I did, I surely wouldn't be screwing around any more. This chick has had more than one "accident". I know some things are funny after the fact, fire not being one of them.

ROFL! That one hits home! My sister calls me Miss Pyro.

I am bad with fire, I really am. I once had an, erm... incident with a spray paint can. It exploded (literally), caught my hair on fire, and stained my arms and legs with thousands of tiny black paint dots.

My sister heard it explode and she was inside the house, came running out to me, and there I was all dazed and dalmation-y looking with smoking hair. I think I was only 15 at the time... It wasn't my fault though. I didn't know the paint was in there. Not quite sure who put it in with the burnable trash.

So now we know spray paint + fire = big explosion. :P

I'm probably going to get flamed for this........... But this is the funniest story I've heard in a long time - I laughed until the tears poured down my face! Not that you got hurt, or anything, but the image that popped into my head was so "cartoonish" that I absolutely cracked-up! I am, however, glad that you weren't seriously hurt.

Scent For me,

Do you actually think I would be posting all my fires if they were huge??? Oh my lord.. You really need to get a life.. Your 2 Pm's to me were down right rude. See, for the " smart" people on this board, they have gotten to know my humor and are getting to know me and how I speak on the board. It was a fire within the freaking burner that was on.. 1 freaking burner.. One little itty bitty fire. Most of my fires happen in the oven.. Big freaking deal.. They are contained within seconds. Like I said in my first post back to you, if you don't like it, then don't read my post.. To PM me and tell me that I should never play in wax again and that I have problems is just WRONG. You do not know me and I don't care for you to get to know me. I posted this to share a funny story for me.. Yes, it may not be funny for all, but it was funny for me and many others.

Like I sat there and thought and then planned it out... " Ok, if I cut this piece of dye block, it will dart to the right, then under the burner that has my pour pot on. Then a fire will start and I can go on CT and laugh with people about it "

Geesh.. I think YOU are the one that needs to find another hobby and a support group ...

I have never burned down my house or even a section of it..

So again- if you have a problem with me and my post- please use the ignore button and don't read again..

Thanks to all that understand me and realize it was posted to make people laugh at a weird situation that NORMALLY doesnt happen. Back to my liquid dyes.. !!! LOL

It's not me with a fire complex, nor the one in need of a professional on this matter. True, I don't post much here, just read. When I see a post about "someone almost burning their house down", I feel compelled to post. Some day one of you will burn the house down, then we can see how funny it really is. It is not a laughing matter, and certainly not weird. What is funny is the amount of people who think it is funny. Maybe a group step program is in order.

Yeah, the whole group could step over and help you on with your jacket, with the really long sleeves, until they get your meds adjusted.

I don't think that there's anyone I know that hasn't had something drop on the eye of the stove and flame up, at some point. WHether it was a chunk of dye or a macaroni noodle or a drop of grease.

It's not like she's Mrs. O'Leary's cow, here.

Funny, I have never had one. If I did, I surely wouldn't be screwing around any more. This chick has had more than one "accident". I know some things are funny after the fact, fire not being one of them.

Actually, I think you may have taken her post a bit too literally.

Re-Read the thing and allow for a bit of embellishment, for comic effect.

The end result was that she got a little 'POOF' and a little flame on the stove eye. Not much different than when you drip a bit of grease on the eye, while taking a hamburger out of the pan.

It only seems like a big explosion, at the time, when it catches you off guard and scares the crap out of you. :)

Scents, give me a freaking break. She had an accident, it's over, she's okay, she learned her lesson. I even learned a lesson, to keep dye blocks away from my stove. I never even THOUGHT of something like that happening. If she can share her lesson using a bit of humor, then good for her. If you don't like it, QUIT READING THE POST. Jeez. Maybe you should go on a crusade and stop ALL people who have ever had ANYTHING bad happen to them from telling it in a humorous way. It ought to keep you quite busy.

Close your eyes and focus on the posterior sphincter muscle.

Become one with your posterior sphincter.

Now take a deep breath and relax, relaaaaax...

Close your eyes and focus on the posterior sphincter muscle. Become one with it. Now take a deep breath and relax, relaaaaax...

Let's hope she's not standing in front of the A/C intake, when that thing relaxes... talk about the shit hitting the fan... :shocked2:

Close your eyes and focus on the posterior sphincter muscle.

Become one with your posterior sphincter.

Now take a deep breath and relax, relaaaaax...

Let's hope she's not standing in front of the A/C intake, when that thing relaxes... talk about the shit hitting the fan... :shocked2:

OMG!! That's too funny!!!!:laugh2: :laugh2: