CTer's Where were you just now???

I got a wild hair up my butt to make some candles with Palm Wax tonight. Just votives, messing with some sample FO's that I want to get rid of that I am not selling to my customers. So , after melting all the wax and getting ready to get my molds out of the oven, I took a dye block ( from candlewic) and tried to cut off a little bit.. I have tons of 1 color block and trying to use them up.. So.. Here I am.. Cutting and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

The dye chip flew into the range that I had turned on. Yeah, FIRE.. I stood there for a second going " Umm, what do I do" LOL All I hear is my husband who was on the phone with my mom go " Uh oh, Mrs Pyro is at it again" He comes in and puts it out for me.. I was screaming " Where are my CT Buds to help me put the fire out" LOL

So hubby told me to let it cool completly before turning it back on. I looked at him and thought to myself " DUH" .. I actually knew that!!!! So , I rushed, turned on the other range, finished and poured..

Um, Don't you all have ESP when I am thinking and come to my rescue??? lmfao

Ohhhh Another fire for me ... I should be keeping track of these experiments. LOL

Christina

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Hubby just asked me " Christina, Why didnt you blow out the fire" I turned to him and said " Dave, I am not ruining my eyebrows or eyelashes for a fire" LOL

He asked what would of happened if he wasn't home ... He about died when I said that I would have called 911 LOL

Christina

LOL I shouldnt be tonight. I then cut myself with a knife on my thumb.. I got a boo boo :-(

Thank god it only took about 30 minutes before I could just tip them over and put them back in the pour pot and remelt them. WHEW.. Look better with wick pins I must say!!! Thank god for Stearic :-)

Christina

Sorry babe... I knew something was up, but I was elbow deep in fixing dinner! Those invisible wick pins are cool!

LOL Yeah, I invented the invisible wick pins

.. Stay tuned for details on how to get them for your candle making needs :-) 2 free per friend LOL

Christina

WOW - I'm glad you're okay, and that you didn't burn down your house!!!!!

Sometimes it's just not a good day for candlemaking. Maybe you should take up knitting - oh, but then you'd probably poke your eye with the needles....... How about scrapbooking - oh, but then you'd glue your fingers together....... :D

Wow I'm glad you're ok....I bet that was scary!

Definitely keep an extinguisher near you, or a couple of boxes of baking soda. or if the fire is in a pot put a lid on it.

extingushers are easy to use, pull the pin, aim and squeeze the trigger.

isnt it fun to make fire? I havent ever actually blown anything up in quite awhile, and never anything candle related...lol..only food related.

I got a wild hair up my butt to make some candles with Palm Wax tonight. Just votives, messing with some sample FO's that I want to get rid of that I am not selling to my customers. So , after melting all the wax and getting ready to get my molds out of the oven, I took a dye block ( from candlewic) and tried to cut off a little bit.. I have tons of 1 color block and trying to use them up.. So.. Here I am.. Cutting and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

The dye chip flew into the range that I had turned on. Yeah, FIRE.. I stood there for a second going " Umm, what do I do" LOL All I hear is my husband who was on the phone with my mom go " Uh oh, Mrs Pyro is at it again" He comes in and puts it out for me.. I was screaming " Where are my CT Buds to help me put the fire out" LOL

So hubby told me to let it cool completly before turning it back on. I looked at him and thought to myself " DUH" .. I actually knew that!!!! So , I rushed, turned on the other range, finished and poured..

Um, Don't you all have ESP when I am thinking and come to my rescue??? lmfao

Ohhhh Another fire for me ... I should be keeping track of these experiments. LOL

Christina

You actually think all this is funny? Girl, you need to step away from wax all together. Seriously. I find no humor in the fact you have had multiple fires. And everyone else laughing has a big problem also. Just hope you have no children in your house.

You actually think all this is funny? Girl, you need to step away from wax all together. Seriously. I find no humor in the fact you have had multiple fires. And everyone else laughing has a big problem also. Just hope you have no children in your house.

First off- I have no children.. Second- I do think this is funny. It wasnt a huge fire.. geesh.. It stayed on the burner. If you don't find it funny, then DONT READ my post. I love playing in my wax... Matter of fact.. Let me go start a fire now.. Geesh!!!

Christina

Girl you need to relax that posterior sphincter muscle and go see a professional about this fire complex of yours. 75% of your posts here and nationwide are declarations of what is going to burn down the house or the neighborhood or the world. It's getting weird already.

Girl you need to relax that posterior sphincter muscle and go see a professional about this fire complex of yours. 75% of your posts here and nationwide are declarations of what is going to burn down the house or the neighborhood or the world. It's getting weird already.

LOL Top.. True, went back and read some post... Shame on all of you who thought it was funny with me LOL

Kim- Thanks hun :-)

I appreciate you guys!!! No kids, but have animals.. No insurance either.. hmmmm LOL

Christina