Newbie Here! Wanted to say hi..

Hello! My name is Mary and I have recently ventured into the world of making Soy candles. (3months)...I have been making candles for about a year and a half and absolutely love it!! I have always used Astor J-50 for containers and IGI 4794 for votives and tarts. Due to the growing popularity of Soy I decided to try my hands at it and so far so good! I'm using EZ Soy. It has an awesome hot and cold throw and burns nice and clean. I use color chips and haven't had a hard time getting deep colors either. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself:)

Mary

Sheri,

I have not had any trouble (knock on wood!) with frosting so far...

This is what I do..

Heat wax to 185* I add color as soon as the wax has melted to let it blend and bind. Add fragrance at 180* stir like crazy with a wire wisk. Let cool till around 105* Stir again and pour at 103* So far I have done 11 fragrances with this wax and 9 colors. I have had much success with Zinc wicks and 8oz Jelly Jars.

I'm waiting for the UPS truck to come today (ALWAYS LIKE X-MAS!) :yay: I ordered a sample pack of ECO wicks and I'd like to give them a try for some larger jars.

Mary

Like you I am a newbie also. 6 months for me. Let me know what you think of those wicks. I ordered a samples of te LX and of the RRD, really like the LX nes so far. I have been using the HTP and the Cotton Core. See ya around Christi

Welcome to the boards you will find so many helpful people here :)

Isn't soy GREAT! I first tried it at a Flea Market in Lakeland and just loved it. I wanted more(for a fundraiser) but the guy was a snow bird and where I live now an hour South of there (no one at the time knew what soy was) so I researched it and started making my own and the rest is history. NOW I'm a B&B addict :rolleyes2