Sunflower Soap

Kaybee23

This is batch #3 for me. It is scented Sunflower from TC. The pictures don't show the color well (because I have a sucky camera, LOL!), it is really a light gold honey color with gold mica swirls on top. This is Eugenia's recipie that I have substituted goatsmilk in for the water in the lye solution.

I also poured this in my new wood slab mold, but made too much and it made the bars too thick, so I had to slice them in half, the reason, they look like they came out of a log mold. I am really liking this new wood slab mold, was a breeze to line and use. Thanks for looking!

post-28-139458392782_thumb.jpg

post-28-139458392785_thumb.jpg

Your bars look great! The description of their actual color sounds wonderful, and the pattern you've swirled in the top is nice! I hate it when the camera doesn't capture the actual appearance of the soap...:sad2:

Yay, for wooden slab molds! I use one almost always even though I have two nice log molds that come apart for washing. Less fussy when lining just as you stated!

Great third batch. :yay:

You know Julie, if I had the money, I'd come for a weekend. :) I am just a beginner like you, so I am still learning a lot too. Because I have experienced different things with each of my 3 batches, I have been learning a lot from each one. This is my best batch so far, but my first one now is about totally cured and it smells pretty good too. You can do it too Julie, you have such a creative touch with your candles, I think it will transfer into your soaping too.

OK you go grab Sherie and get up here lol!

So, you telling me if I come up there we're gonna make a mess? LMAO Well, Ashley informed me she's either going to Oklahoma or San Antonio for a concert next weekend (her b-day). LOL, she can't decide which on she wants to go to. Personally, I think I'd rather her go to OK. I just might have to call Southwest and see if I can hop on a puddle jumper, lol.

Kerry, your soap is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations and I'm glad the advice helped you out!

Oh you're sweet K ;) But make Sherie drive :P I promise Harry will fall in love with you both. He has no morals ;)

LMAO, Kerry, she's only saying that because we had discussion about a week ago on driving skills. I'm definitely a Fast Lane girl and I need everyone to merge right, lol!

Kerry, your soap is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations and I'm glad the advice helped you out!

You know if it hadn't been for you, I woulda had stinky goatsmilk soap again, LOL! :eek: I think the next one though I may leave out the milk and definately cut down the recipe, and see if I can get a lighter bar, so I can try some swirls.

You know Julie I would happily let her drive and I like to go real fast too! I would strictly be there to visit and be in the cheering section, Sherie is the pro at this. :)

No offense taken on my end girlie, just playin with cha! I'm a total visual person too. Just ask Tanya, LMAO. The first time I measured out my lye, those darn beads went to jumpin all over the dang place. She was on the board and jumped on the cell phone and called her. I was freaked out of my mind. She pretty much calmed me down and encouraged me to continue on with my batch. So, I understand completely where your coming from. Thanks for the vote of confidence and compliment! :highfive:

I can read and read, but it isn't totally clear to me until I actually do it, I am totally a "hands on" person, like ya'll. DH is just opposite, he can read the book and instantly know how to do it, makes me sick, LOL!