my interpretation of a volcano

cybersix

basically are draped layers, but I let the yellow/orange too thin.

They were running down til the bottom but when I poured the black wax they melted.

I will never do black wax again, it's a waste of color, and colors as fos are precious treasures for me!

thanks for looking

post-1267-139458392778_thumb.jpg

Sabrina you just won't believe this. Last night my grandson, Van, asked if he could make a pyramid candle today. He is 6. I said he could. He wanted to do it in black and red striped all tilted different angles. Now when he sees yours I'll bet he copies you......that is one cool volcano candle if I ever saw one. Cool....cool cool cool cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Donita

Thanks Donita.:yay:

I know Van will do better than me.

Tell him I want to see his creation!!

Sabrina you just won't believe this. Last night my grandson, Van, asked if he could make a pyramid candle today. He is 6. I said he could. He wanted to do it in black and red striped all tilted different angles. Now when he sees yours I'll bet he copies you......that is one cool volcano candle if I ever saw one. Cool....cool cool cool cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Donita

thanks girls!

obviously I don't know a thing about steelers.. I suppose they're a team.. of what?

LOL Sorry Sabrina.... Yes, the Steelers are a football team, and they're one of the teams playing in the Superbowl on Sunday. The Superbowl is the "finals" - if you will - of the football season, and the two top teams play.

It would be really cool to do something like this, but make the candle all orange and yellow marble and do an ENTIRE overdip of black but overwick it so that it melts and runs down the sides on purpose...once it melts through the thin black overdip at the top it will run orange and yellow all down the sides of the black candle and it you really could call it "the volcano candle."

Hey if Donita can cater to sexy candles, I'm sure one of us can cater to 5 year olds. Hey! they need candles too! :P

This candle is really cool.

It would be really cool to do something like this, but make the candle all orange and yellow marble and do an ENTIRE overdip of black but overwick it so that it melts and runs down the sides on purpose...once it melts through the thin black overdip at the top it will run orange and yellow all down the sides of the black candle and it you really could call it "the volcano candle."

Hey if Donita can cater to sexy candles, I'm sure one of us can cater to 5 year olds. Hey! they need candles too!

That sounds fun. It would be much easier to do using a lower MP wax and underwicking it. A big wick helps prevent guttering by sucking up the wax.

Great looking volcano. Sometimes with draped layers it helps to pour a thin layer of the final color - black in your case - over the draped layers and let it set up before filling the mold with the balance of the wax. That way only the black wax melts. Sort of protects your colors.

Thanks Sharyl I did so, then I let it apart for one day.

The next day I poured all the black wax.

But a bit melted, maybe I should pour a little cooler.

Thanks!

Great looking volcano. Sometimes with draped layers it helps to pour a thin layer of the final color - black in your case - over the draped layers and let it set up before filling the mold with the balance of the wax. That way only the black wax melts. Sort of protects your colors.