Thanks to Donita - Updated with Pic

I have actually make 5 picture embedded hurricanes in the last 2 days that were perfect. :yay: I have been fighting this darn IGI 1260 for 2 months. Finally gave it up and ordered a slab of the Candlewic 5055 Donita uses. What a world of difference. Doing everything exactly the same as with the 1260 except these turn out. Using 1/2 oz micro 180 pp, pouring at 190 and using a water bath at 70 degrees. Hallelujah!! Already ordered a case of the stuff.

Please excuse the picture. This little spot on the counter is the only clean space I had last night.

Jenna, until last Dec. not a thing. Then the candle gremlins got into mine. I really think I just had some lousy wax. Works fine for std hurricanes just not picture embedded one. The wax does all sort of crappy things in front of the picture. I got a new mold, and bought a new Presto pot thinking mine might be contaminated. Donita recommended checking the temp of the water bath since it had gotten colder. Did that and got thru Christmas orders. Just felt like I needed to make a wax change to see if that helped and it sure did. This picture is of the last 3 I made. All Valentines orders. The other 2 have already been delivered.

post-195-139458392787_thumb.jpg

Sharyl...see how it just keeps going around. I just couldn't live without my 5055 cane wax.....I tried to use 1/4 ozpp of Micro 180 instead of 1/2 oz and it didn't work. I am sure that there are other cane waxes that will work....but for how I do mine I love my formula. I also am happy with Candlewic. I recently had a problem with a different wax that wasn't working for a particular application and they are replacing many cases of wax for me. That is great customer service IMO......I am happy that you are happy. Love your new candles. "TT"......Donita