Whipped Wax and Wick ?

I've been testing latte coffee mug candles and am stumped. I whip some scented J223 for a dollop of whip cream on top of the candle. I've tried several different wicks but always get a huge flame while the whipped part is melting. I feel the size of the flame is unsafe. Yet I need a wick large enough to burn properly when it gets past the whipped part. Is there a secret to making the whipped wax so the wick burns correctly? Any advise is appreciated.

I can think of two things that might help. Perhaps you could whip the wax a bit less ? If you're using a stick blender, you might try using a fork and fold it, rather like scrambling an egg.

My second thought would be to make the whipped part thinner.

Maybe you could spoon some half hardened UN whipped wax on top of the latte part, to build it up, then put a thin coat of the whipped wax over that.

Thanks DP. I've been using a fork to whip the wax but have been whipping it to a soft peak stage and have been pouring a layer of unwhipped wax 1st. Will whip less and use less and see if that works. I'm determined to get these darn coffee candles down. Got my cinnamon stick mold yesterday so making up a batch of wax cinnamon sticks today.

I can think of two things that might help. Perhaps you could whip the wax a bit less ? If you're using a stick blender, you might try using a fork and fold it, rather like scrambling an egg.

My second thought would be to make the whipped part thinner.

Maybe you could spoon some half hardened UN whipped wax on top of the latte part, to build it up, then put a thin coat of the whipped wax over that.

Now you have me hungry.. When is breakfast?? LOL