Carrot, Avacado, and Cuc soap! Now Cut!!!

Bunny

And here's my "veggie day" soaps!

Each mold is 1.5 lbs of oils.

1272006092.jpg

Avacado soap is on the left. Scented with 1/2 tea tree and 1/2 lemongrass eo. Never fully gelled, but almost! Smells wonderful! used 1 oz avacado. Added a touch (like 2 grams) of hydrated chromium oxides (green) so it'll stay green and not go to puke yellow.

Carrot soap in the middle. Used 1.5 oz gerber carrot food stage 1. I got ahead of myself and tossed the carrots in the oils, when I meant to seperate some for a white frosting. So, we now have a light orange frost which was waaaaay to thick to frost with. So, this one's ugly. Oh, and I made it lighter white with cream cheese. Scented carrot cake from Peaks of course!

Cucumber soap on the right. Scented with .6 oz MMS aloe and cucumber. It moved super lightning fast, but I honestly think this was the fo and not the cuc. Used 1.2 ounces cuc, peel included.

Will cut in the morning! And tommorow is dairy day! WOOOHOOOO!

Ok.. Here they are cut!

The Avacado:

1272006099.jpg

The Carrot: (that stuff is still waaay soft)

1272006094.jpg

The Cucumber:

1272006098.jpg

WOW you've really been busy soaping up your kitchen eats!! :D I think those all look great, even your light orange "frosting".

I too think those molds look HUGE and was thinking "there is no way that those molds only hold 1.5lbs.!" Wierd. LOL

I can't wait to see these cut.

Don't cha just love pics that make the soap look big!

Marisa, I've been thinking about offering sample sizes for sale (really cheap) of all the additive soaps, along with a baseline soap so members can have a better idea of what additive feels like what.. What'cha think? Do-able?

I've been thinking about offering sample sizes for sale (really cheap) of all the additive soaps, along with a baseline soap so members can have a better idea of what additive feels like what.. What'cha think? Do-able?

I think that would be an awsome thing.. I am intrigued.. I didnt know this could be done.. I never stop learning from you Bunny...

Yeah... I was thinking of waiting until all my weird little soaps are done and given a few days cure, and making sets, one of each, avaliable for like 4 bucks to help cover my costs plus shipping, which would be super cheap. Whatcha think? And then maybe have a discussion about how the different stuff feels? If this flies, I think ya'll are in for some surprises!

The cut pics are up!

Kaybee, yes most fruits are soapable, but they have to be finely pureed, incorporated very well, and will most likely turn brown or other gross colors.. The "rule" is to keep anything like this to 5% or less in the soaps.

Grumpy, Crystal, and Kaybee, I've got you down for samples! Will PM you with more info as we progress in this!

Really like the cut pics of those, can't wait to see how they cure. The avocado and cucumber are really "fresh" looking.

I saw some soap in a book that was done with strawberry puree, and the soap was colored with red pigment to cover up the discoloration of the strawberries. It really looks yummy in the book. In fact she also does one with fresh cucumber and one with grated orange rinds. It is really a nice book, but not for a beginner like me, yet. I want to get a few more batches under my belt first before I try any of those.