Honey in Cp HOLY CRAP IT IS REALLY ORANGE

slow-burn

Well I did it, and boy is it a deep burnt looking orange! Kinda like the sunset, lol! Will it change back?

It didn't change until I added the darn honey, and boy did it accellerate really, really fast! I had to glop it in the mold and try to squish it in the best that I could.

I used heavy cream for the milk, lol!

IT WILL STAY THIS COLOR?

Nope, didn't warm it, you all never told me to do that :cry2:

I used 1 TBSP per pound of oils :embarasse

Oh well, I will have orange soap, LMAO! I will just have to make another batch and see what happens :yay:

ETA: It looks and smells like sweet potatoes :cry2: :embarasse :cry2:

Slow-burn--- I made a soap a couple days ago with milk and honey and it turned dark orange. You know that pic in the gallery of my swirls, go look at the light colored soap. That was the dark orange soap. It lightened up.

FYI, I added the honey to my warm oils instead of warming it up. Then I put the SB in the oils for about 30 seconds before I added the lye and I didn't get any accelleration. I didn't add FO.

OH MY! That light one looked like sweet potatoes :shocked2: It looks bootimus now! I hope mine turn out like that, lol! Cuz these were some baby carrot, fresh baked sweet potatoe orange! I about crapped, and of course, DH just had to start laughing at me :rolleyes2 He has been doing that alot lately though. I am beginning to think I talk to the soap more than him. At least I am not swearing at him so much, only at the soap now, LOL!

So you added it to the oils before you added the lye? I did a 1.5# batch and did a little over a 33% solution. I added 3.3 oz lye, and 2.6 oz water, mixed that. Then slowly added that to my oils, then after light trace added 5 oz heavy cream. That didn't accelerate too bad at all, it was adding all that honey, which I did not warm :embarasse

These gelled, but not super quick, my kitchen is pretty cool, so that helped, I think. I did end up putting it in the fridge, cuz that baby was getting warm! I just hope I don' t have honey oozing out of them :cry2: Guess I will find out tomarrow!

I planned on trying it that way next time, so if it you were able to do it and it worked, then I *maybe* ok. I tend to screw things up. I am the best example of what NOT to do LMAO :P

If mine are saved like yours then I may have to come over and hug you :naughty:

ETA, no fo for me either, just ground oatmeal (after it got mashed pototoes, lol), the heavy cream and honey!

Ok.. Next time we talk.. If you ask a question and don't listen to the answer. I going to flat out hang up on you. I told you 1 TEASPOON ppo and to warm it.

:P:p:p

OMG girl...who you tellin! I think we should all make this the standard when talking to Heather about soaping!:P :p

Ok.. Next time we talk.. If you ask a question and don't listen to the answer. I going to flat out hang up on you. I told you 1 TEASPOON ppo and to warm it.

:P:p:p

OMG girl...who you tellin! I think we should all make this the standard when talking to Heather about soaping!:P :p

But if I didn't screw up so much, you all wouldn't wuv me so much! Hell, who would you yell and laugh at then :D Lordy, I can't satisfy neither one of you then, LOL! And if you hang up on me, I will call you right back :P

Wow, that sounds pretty dark. I've had mine turn, though, from the honey. You've gotten some good advice, though ;)

You mean the stuff I can't manage to listen too? I am thinking that I need to start tape recording stuff, cuz if I don't write it down, these 2 will hound me for life :P

I posted pics, and the camera didn't really get the full affect, but you can see a dramatic difference!