Soapin' Yogurt (WARNING- not so good update)

Sara

OK. Nod to Bunny, I soaped with some yogurt today. Black Raspberry Vanilla scent and... yeah, the yogurt. I added it at trace, keeping my temps super duper cool in hopes to have it behave. I had absoltely NO problems whatsoever incorperating it or having it behave badly. We'll just see how it looks when it is cut tomorrow :)

I *swear* I've soaped this before when I ran out of cream... but I can't find it written down so I must not have. I really need to get better at writing things down. At any rate, it is done and I hope it isn't curdling.

Is it a bad sign that I'm starting to think like you people?! I was just thinking about Bunny's mayo soap, and thought, "Hey! I can soap homemade yogurt!"

How much did you add, if you don't mind sharing? And was it full-fat? That's all I have - full-fat plain.

Yogurt used: and organic, whole milk flavored vanilla (it is all I had, LOL)

As far as what properties it will lend to the soap... I don't know. You would think it would be similar to cream, though. Or, I *hope* so. Hopefully it doesn't have adverse affects. :whistle:

-----ETA-----

Sorry, left out some important facts. I added about 1/2 - 3/4 cup to 7 pounds of raw soap. Since it was an experiment and I was adding at trace, I totally didn't bother being too terribly precise. And yup, full fat.

-----ETA-----

Uhhh, girls? You might wanna hold off on that yogurt play for a bit. I'm a bit frightened, as I just peeked in on my soaps and they... well, they look like liquid soap. I've never had this experience, so I don't know if it is a soap issue or what. But it is dark and runny. And I may have to replace my stove. Not to mention it is leaking OUT of one of my molds. Shhh, don't tell my husband he doesn't know right now.

UGH. I turned my oven back on, though I'm not sure that will do anything. I wish I would have taken a picture of those beautiful swirls before. Heh.