Rocky Mountain Christmas from Elements Discontinued

so-soy

1 hour ago, so-soy said:

Hello all, unfortunately my favorite and best selling pine scent has been discontinued from Elements. Anyone know of a dupe or good replacement for Rocky Mountain Christmas? 

Oh NOOOOO.  I know a few people that will be horribly upset by this. 

That is a high per lb price for a keg! They’re charging the old per lb price bottled. 

another person I know of is interested in this FO. Perhaps a co-op would solve some of the cost issues? Though, bottles and second freight will be an additional $2 per lb, approximately. 

On 4/11/2023 at 10:12 AM, TallTayl said:

Oh NOOOOO.  I know a few people that will be horribly upset by this. 

They cancelled that one (my favorite) and Patchouli Honey, Ginger Lime, and others I have always used.  They told me their sister company (and I don't remember the name, sorry) might carry something similar.  I did look, but holy cow, a one ounce sample was 8.00!!  Buying the larger sizes was equally as ridiculous in price.  What a shame.

• Sad 1

On 4/15/2023 at 4:49 PM, doglvr said:

They cancelled that one (my favorite) and Patchouli Honey, Ginger Lime, and others I have always used.  They told me their sister company (and I don't remember the name, sorry) might carry something similar.  I did look, but holy cow, a one ounce sample was 8.00!!  Buying the larger sizes was equally as ridiculous in price.  What a shame.

This upsets me so much.  If there is enough interest we can have it duped ourselves.  The common risks of if being not quite exact will always be there.  I’ve had 8 or so of my must haves made and all were super.  The lab also has a 25 lb min, but prices per lb are usually a little better than the one offered by elements.

Adding, I’m happy to co-op this exact one if we can combine 25 lbs of interest. 
As-is from elements the price starts at $28

plus:

freight

bottle

payment fees

shipping to you.

for $28 per lb, their old retail, we should try to negotiate them bottling it.  heck, if they did the co-op part with our 25 lb of interest it would benefit everyone. If as few as 5 of us preorder 5 lbs each it should make it simple for them to treat as a normal order with no risk. 

On 4/16/2023 at 5:50 PM, TallTayl said:

Adding, I’m happy to co-op this exact one if we can combine 25 lbs of interest. 
As-is from elements the price starts at $28

plus:

freight

bottle

payment fees

shipping to you.

for $28 per lb, their old retail, we should try to negotiate them bottling it.  heck, if they did the co-op part with our 25 lb of interest it would benefit everyone. If as few as 5 of us preorder 5 lbs each it should make it simple for them to treat as a normal order with no risk. 

That would be great if they would order it in if we had 25 lbs sold.

• Like 1

Yep Patchouli Honey was a fav here also. They did say WSP had a patchouli honey. I looked at the notes and it's missing a few things so I dont even think it's the same oil

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I just found a good Rocky Mountain Christmas twin! It’s direct from our own lab, so if it works well, we won’t be held hostage by a retailer for it any more. 

I put it in wax just a few minutes ago and will report back in a few days when i light it.  Out of bottle they smell identical to me. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Doglvr,

Did you try the patch honey from WSP yet? I'm down to my last pound from Elements and I wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet

On 5/5/2023 at 2:00 PM, TallTayl said:

I think I just found a good Rocky Mountain Christmas twin! It’s direct from our own lab, so if it works well, we won’t be held hostage by a retailer for it any more. 

I put it in wax just a few minutes ago and will report back in a few days when i light it.  Out of bottle they smell identical to me. 

@TallTayl any thoughts on how RMC was in your wax? I’m excited to hear!!

2 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

@TallTayl any thoughts on how RMC was in your wax? I’m excited to hear!!

The original was good in my coco wax blends.  The Pinion Wood I have a sample of is similar OOB, but not quite the same. I think I prefer the Pinion wood scent overall as a holiday type. There's something in Rocky I can't quite put my finger on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay - this Rocky Mountain thing has me super upset 

This is one of the scents I simply adore and never want to be without - most others I could take or leave 

pinion wood isn’t quite the same - you need to find me a Smokey pine 😂😂

11 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Okay - this Rocky Mountain thing has me super upset 

This is one of the scents I simply adore and never want to be without - most others I could take or leave 

pinion wood isn’t quite the same - you need to find me a Smokey pine 😂😂

Sherlock Holmes is on the case. In the meantime, I promised you all the Rocky I have left, so that gives us a little time to find our own Rocky. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried a dozen different scent samples at least.  One is sooooo close, but a little too much pine.  Sweater Weather from Lone Star.  My sample tart was melting when my daughter came over and she asked if Rocky Mountain Christmas was going.  I'm not getting a great throw (not too bad) in my wax, but it could just be my wax as that happens with many that people on here say are great for them.  If someone tries this and can figure out what's missing or you perfect it, let us know!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 5:39 PM, CLVC said:

Yep Patchouli Honey was a fav here also. They did say WSP had a patchouli honey. I looked at the notes and it's missing a few things so I dont even think it's the same oil

I had it and definitely not the same.