little pieces of wax off of wicks

I roll my wicks on a bamboo skewer and clothespin them when I do my container candles, but I wicked up from HTP 83 to HTP 104...now I am getting little hardened pieces of wick falling on to the tops of my candles. Has anyone else had this problem? What do you do?

I tried pushing my wick down in the hot wax and it softens it some but then the wax gobs on my wick. Are there any wick holders out there that actually help you find the center of the jar or any tricks?

Thanks,

~Heather~

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but LoneStar and a few others are selling the wick centerer. It works really well. Costs around ten dollars.

Also, you can use a straw. Put the wick in the straw and guide the wick to the center of the glass as you look at it from the bottom.

I hope this is what you are asking.

Are you saying that because you "rolled" your wicks onto the skewer that the wax on the wick where you rolled it is crumbling off of it and falling on to your candle? Your wax on the wick won't crack if you don't wrap it around the skewer. Just put a couple of skewers together, rubber band either end and then place the wick between the two and it will hold your wick in place tightly. Did I understand your question correctly?

I am still very new to this and the fars I use are 3" across. I use extra large clothes pins and run the wick up through the hole in it and then clip the extra part of the wick into the "teeth" of the pin. So far that has worked best for me. I know what I try pillars at a later date, I will have to figure something else out though.