My lotion has mold!!!!!

Michi

I can't believe it!! I just went to sniff some lotion I had made at Christmas time, and I opened and just about hoarked, there was a big ol' green fuzzy patch on top!! :(

This was a base I had, and I was assured that it already had a preservative in it.

The bad thing is, I gave a bunch of this out to people at christmas and such, and now I'm worried about them getting moldy too. :(

I'm sooo worried and embarrassed now. I mean who would want to buy products from me if their lotion turns moldy????? :embarasse

Sterilzation was a BIG yes, bleached myself to death baby!! LOL :D

Yes, I guess I will contact them, it's funny though I've been making that same base for a while now and it never did that before, so I wonder if something funky just got into that particular batch??

The bad part is, I gave out the other half of that batch to my hubby's cousin for Christmas. :embarasse

It's in a jar, but this jar that I opened yesterday has not been used, it's just been stored since I made it.

I'm thinkin' something funky just got in there when I made it or something, b/c none of my other lotions or creams (same base) have done this.