How do you store your Essential Oils?

tonyalc

Do you have to keep them ALL in the fridge? Or are there just a certain few? Or just the most expensive, lol.

I have some Lavender, Clary Sage and Rosemary that I've had for about a year and they haven't been stored in the fridge at all...just in a cool, dark, dry place. Are they still OK? They smell OK.

I just bought some new ones to try...Emu, Hempseed, Grapefruit, etc and I'd like to know if I need to throw out all those food condiments and such that's hogging the fridge door. I'd hate for my EO's to spoil!!

Anyone know? Thanks!!

[edited to fix title]

Good question, Ihadn't even thought about putting my EO's in the frig, and I've got a buttload now (thanks Shutterbugg ;) ), I've just been keeping all my EO's and FO's in a dark drawer.

I'm thinking something's gonna have to move out of my frig cuz I've got Emu Oil coming, and if the EO's should be refrigerated, then I'll definitely need to move some food out-sorry family! :D

Hope someone comes along to answer us!

I store mine in the refrid. The shelf life for most of the EO's don't mean that's when you can no longer use them or they will no longer smell. That's more or less the theraputic shelf life, if you were using them for aromatherapy or healing properties, they are usually no longer good for this after this length of time.

I keep Emu, wheat germ, hemp seed , vit E Oils in the fridge ( just to name a few). I have read that the more expensive EO could and they suggested keeping them in the fridge also. Another tip is to store the EO in the smallest bottle possible. The reasoning so there is little air space, this retards oxidation, extending the shelf life of the EO.