display case

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested for a year before I started to sell and still to this day continue to test. rlfoods, keep testing and if you feel you have properly tested and know you are making a quality safe product, then you should be O.K. and should not have any problems/accidents. But no matter what, you should try to keep your temper otherwise you just may come off as a raging lunatic that makes fire bombs - not saying you are a raging lunatic just what can be percieved from posts. Good luck with your candles and please be sure to ask questions if necessary. This board also has a great search feature that can be very valuable. Folks are here to help even if it might not seem so - its hard to tell tone, meaning etc and learn personalitlies on these boards. But folks have the best of intentions. ;)

rlfoods

12-22-2005 06:16 AM

need help in wax decission?????

ok i am new to this candle makeing but i need a little help on what is the best wax to buy and use i am going to try container candles i have read a lot about wax,but witch is the best soy,or parrfin, and what brand should i get/????i will be doing the 8 oz and 16oz jars,,any info i get would help me thank you...,

Ohh, what a tangled web we weave... ya know the rest.

None of this would have continued this way had you not denied your own words. You've made it clear that you will continue to change your story. As in the post above saying you've been making them nine months, then you turn around and correct someone quoting you, saying it's been longer than that.

Our aim was not to pick on you, but to help. However, one thing I've learned

in life, is you can't help someone who doesn't want help. You're not going to listen to or even possibly consider any comment that doesn't completely agree with what you already believe. I'm done with this thread.

where does it say i have been making them more then 9 months???????????

Sorry - I can't help myself. I have to respond to this thread.......... As far as calling you stupid....... well, just look at the reaction you are having, your grammar, and your spelling!!!!!

And for future reference, its foul (as in dirty) language - not fowl (as in chicken).......:rolleyes2

Be grateful that people are trying to help you - that's why you came to this site is it not?!?!?!?

thanks for your 2 cents but when you are upset you tend to type fast and misspell all words

Does this not ring a bell?

Skip it, not worth the trouble of arguing over :rolleyes2

wow 9 months and 3 weeks ihave been doing this..sooooo does that still put me around 9 months,or mabey more huh???what do you think ducky,?that is more then 9 months right?????

Oh my goodness this thread is getting hot. But I too wanted to add my 2 cents in as well. My dear sweet newbie...please...don't get ahead of yourself now...you are trying to move way too fast with this. A lot of us have been where you are at right now. I know that you probably think you know all that you have to know right now and that you can sell a whole lot of candles and make a whole lot of money doing it, but the truth is...it is extremely difficult to make a living at candle making. I've been making candles for almost three years and although I have sold quite a few, it is definately not something that I can depend on for a steady income. Don't get me wrong, I make money, but it comes in chunks here and there...sometimes I make a moderate amount...sometimes just a little...it is by no means a sure thing. What you need to do is slow down and take the time that it requires to make a quality and safe burning candle. This takes a great deal of testing as each combination of wax, wick, dye and fo must be tested. What you think may be a quality candle, may not be to someone who knows better. Some of us have had our candles tested and critiqued by other board members...I have had someone test for me in the past..and it was very helpful. I'm sure if you asked someone, they would be happy to test it for you. Just something you might want to consider. Don't get discouraged...just do the right thing before something very unfortunate occurs.
Very nicely said Fern, respectful with grace, advise I would be inclined to listen to. Thanks Cindy

and ducky if was not worth arguing over why did you come back,when you said you where done here??? wow

You're absolutely correct, I did say I was done here. I also admit that I couldn't pass up the temptation to point out a bald-face lie and back peddling. PS... I added that not worth arguing comment after the post was made, as noted by the edit time.

did any of you read my post stateing it was for my friend that iwas asking all the??????????????????????? ,

You said that the post about the shelf life of fo was for a friend. So now you're saying the all your posts, including the one that says you're new to candlemaking and need help was posted for a friend as well?

Gotta love that spellcheck button ;)

ohhh my.. I am really trying to stay out of this cause I am always one to get myself in the middle of an arguement.. I am trying to behave like a good girl on this board. ( trying to sit on hands) but this thread is cracking me up..

I am the one that marked it 5 stars because I thought it was so good.

Top, I want to see one of your bombs!!! Show it in Gallery hun. LOL

Hey, where is that spell check? I see a ABC check thing on the right, but its saying I have to download something

Christina

Rick, can you tell me who you got your insurance through? I've been searching for MONTHS with no luck in this area...

trish there is plenty places try brook insurance just that they are a little pricey,thats why i change and dont use them.

You're absolutely correct, I did say I was done here. I also admit that I couldn't pass up the temptation to point out a bald-face lie and back peddling. PS... I added that not worth arguing comment after the post was made, as noted by the edit time.

You said that the post about the shelf life of fo was for a friend. So now you're saying the all your posts, including the one that says you're new to candlemaking and need help was posted for a friend as well?

Gotta love that spellcheck button ;)

yes posted for a friend but hey now i know not to do anthing like that agin..

yes posted for a friend but hey now i know not to do anthing like that agin..

You posted all this for a friend?? What a friend to make you come here and do all this for her.. What a friend you are to do this for her! Wish I had a friend to do all my work for me..

Make her come get her own knowledge unless you are getting paid for it

:drool:

So the insurance you have for your candles...is it a home based business that is covered?

And the Brook Insurance, is that supposed to have an 'e' at the end of Brook? I googled to find them and didn't have much luck. If you wouldn't mind a link or phone number, I would appreciate it.