display case

So the insurance you have for your candles...is it a home based business that is covered?

And the Brook Insurance, is that supposed to have an 'e' at the end of Brook? I googled to find them and didn't have much luck. If you wouldn't mind a link or phone number, I would appreciate it.

Is that why I couldn't find it?!?!?? :shocked2:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look pepole i know what you are trying to do,and its not working,i gave you some leads on where to go and get quotes i am sure you have all done that before,just keep trying,like i did and yes trish with an e i am sure you know who they are they live there in sac,,

i know what you guys are trying to do and its not working.. lol lol i gave you guys some leads just like i know ever body else did.to help you with insurance needs,you just have to keep trying,lol lol good luck in finding insurance..

look pepole i know what you are trying to do,and its not working,i gave you some leads on where to go and get quotes i am sure you have all done that before,just keep trying,like i did and yes trish with an e i am sure you know who they are they live there in sac,,

who is pepole? (I guess when you pronounce it would sound like you would spell it that way)

No need to get NAHSTEE. You mentioned insurance and that is usually a hot topic on this board. If you don't like to have people ask you questions.....EXCUUUUUUUUSE me but it seems you started off asking questions.

Or did I violate TOS by asking about insurance?

Look here, yourself... don't get all smart mouthed with me.

I've said nothing regarding this whole post. You said you had insurance and it's been a hell of a fight for me to find anyone who will offer my home based business any kind of product liability insurance since I live in California, so I thought you would be willing to help me, after I've helped you in PM's a few times.

Maybe you don't have insurance and that is why you're getting defensive. Otherwise, I don't see why you can't give me a little more information? I've contacted so many insurance companies, both large and small and only found one place that would insure me and the pricing was outrageous.

Look here, yourself... don't get all smart mouthed with me.

I've said nothing regarding this whole post. You said you had insurance and it's been a hell of a fight for me to find anyone who will offer my home based business any kind of product liability insurance since I live in California, so I thought you would be willing to help me, after I've helped you in PM's a few times.

Maybe you don't have insurance and that is why you're getting defensive. Otherwise, I don't see why you can't give me a little more information? I've contacted so many insurance companies, both large and small and only found one place that would insure me and the pricing was outrageous.

ok sorry Trish,,look just call Brooke insurance at 916-635-1488 there in rancho cordova and ask them what you are looking for,,

like i said i have insurance for my other bussiness and for my candles

You still haven't answered whether your candle business is insured as a home based business or what? And if you're not through Brooke now, can you tell me who covers you candles now? What kind of coverage do you have? And roughly the cost of your policy?

I have to find another insurance carrier. I sell wholesale to many stores across the country, so it's a must that I have it, just would like to save some money from what I currently have...

Given the spolling and grimmer, this is starting to remind me of that young girl who was posting pics of candles she found on the web and claiming them as her own, on the old board.

Oye! I remember her and her "mum" that helped her. LOL

Laughing with Trish.> GO Girl..

But why would she have insurance??? This is all for a "friend"

:P:waiting:

She said she has been making candles for over 9 months and the questions are for her friend. So yeah so has insurance from "some" company just not Brooke insurance.

But what is concerning to me after thinking about it is....If the friend had questions, why couldn't she just answer them for the friend?

But it is evident we wont know what is really going on. Shucks, please don't ask about insurance. PePole.

If some people would just use it!!!

I don't know why it irritates me so badly, but bad spelling DRIVES ME NUTS........:P

I know...for some reason when I read poor spelling it feels like fingernails scratched on a chalk board! I always edit my posts because I have trouble spelling and would like to appear somewhat intelligent. Must be that crazy English teacher I had in High School or it's the fact that I want people to understand what I am saying...:naughty:or it could be the friend in my head telling me to! LOL!

Sorry...I could not control it!

I'm still kind of new at this and haven't tested every possible candle I can. I sell mine all the time. But I only sell the ones that I have tested. Maybe 20 or so different ones. Right now I'm burning and testing Valentines candles for this weekend. I have about 5 I can sell out of a possible 500 I could make. I hope to end up with about 10 different ones. If she has 3 or 4 she knows work well then go ahead and sell them. But I wouldn't sell them for very much and I wouldn't sell them at all if I wasn't 100 percent positive they were good. As a matter of fact most of us have given alot of candles to friends and people we trust who will test them for us. I still have 3 friends who I will let test mine, people I know will give me an honest opinion of the burn and fragrance.

I do think some people don't undertand the cost of making candles. It's alot of money and even more so when your first starting out. You have to buy all the products your going to use including wax, FO, jars, Molds, wicks etc.. Then you literally burn up your product over and over again until it's just right. Then you start all over again burning up more products until their just right.

I can't talk about it, it's to horrifying. :shocked2: :lipsrseal :cry2:

All kidding aside, it takes a long time and alot of wax, FO and patience to get to the point where you can safely sell even one candle.

I may have left out one thing. You also have to have some money to burn. ;)

maybe i should have looked first and noticed how many pages long this thread is.

Oh, I speel bad also. I kind of like it that way.

I'm also fairly new to this. I started making candle a while back. I think when you start making candles it should just be for yourself. Even if I wanted to sell them I just don't have the time to do all that testing, and when I started I didn't even go to school, and I was still to swamped with everything to start testing. The very first candle I made was a pyramid candle. The flame was like 2 inches high. I'm glad I never really got it in my mind to sell one of those fire starters. When any hobbiest decides to sell his craft he has to be doing it for a while. I personally think unless you've been doing this for a while (years I'm talking) you should just enjoy them for yourself.