display case

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not to sure what you mean but I have one of these cases I carry with me everywhere, Look at the bottom of the page,,for the Tin Sample cases. HTH

http://www.bittercreeksouth.com/accessories.htm

If you mean your candles,,I use Cello bags to package with a little ribbon and hang tags and if someone wants to see them I take package and product,,,A portfolio (pics) of your candles, scents and such is good to have also,,HTH

yes i did intruduced myslef in december ,but i have been making candles for about 8 1/2 months,now and have just started selling to friends and family,and i thought i do a home show,and need to get somthing to put them on,so if someone is new to this site does that mean they are new to candle makeing?????

yes i did intruduced myslef in december ,but i have been making candles for about 8 1/2 months,now and have just started selling to friends and family,and i thought i do a home show,and need to get somthing to put them on,so if someone is new to this site does that mean they are new to candle makeing?????

They're new when they say their new to the candlemaking thingy ... i.e. your first post at http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=104111#post104111

But I answered all that in a reply PM to you :)

Hi there,

I was just wondering why it was such a big deal this lady wants to have a home show. If she feels she has a good product isn't that the way to get your candles out there???? I say go for your home show. I have been making candles for about 9 months now and I feel I have an excellent candle. I sell my candles already and have had a home show plus more to come.

The comment just sounded a little cut throat to me.

Just wanted to send some encouragment, go for your show!! That is the only way you can get feed back from your clients.

Hi there,

I was just wondering why it was such a big deal this lady wants to have a home show. If she feels she has a good product isn't that the way to get your candles out there???? I say go for your home show. I have been making candles for about 9 months now and I feel I have an excellent candle. I sell my candles already and have had a home show plus more to come.

Because it generally takes several months to do the testing to insure that your candles are SAFE. You should have test burned at least one of every fragrance from every mold you sell from. That's IF you just get lucky and wick each of them perfectly the first time. Which doesn't happen often.

It generally takes a few weeks to pour enough candles to do any kind of show.

If she started 5 weeks ago, she ain't tested shit.

Just wanted to send some encouragment, go for your show!! That is the only way you can get feed back from your clients.

This assumes that her clients survive. Might want to save some of that encouragement for the fire department. I got a feeling there's gonna be a rash of house fires in her area.

I understand all the testing trust me I have been testing for 9 months!!! I thought she had been making candles longer than 5 weeks.

And when the 5 week thing was brought up, she lied about it, When her first post was linked to, she went back and edited it.

Either she was too stupid to realize that editing a post leaves a little trail at the bottom of the post, or she thought we were all too stupid to figure out what she'd done.

Either way...

Also, Julie ( Scented ) is generally very patient with the new folks. Even when they start acting stupid. I'm a little different, though... :yay:

And when the 5 week thing was brought up, she lied about it, When her first post was linked to, she went back and edited it.

Either she was too stupid to realize that editing a post leaves a little trail at the bottom of the post, or she thought we were all too stupid to figure out what she'd done.

Either way...

Also, Julie ( Scented ) is generally very patient with the new folks. Even when they start acting stupid. I'm a little different, though... :yay:

Not to mention, you can click "see all posts by user" and get a very good idea of experience level. Course, I suppose they could go back and edit every post they've made on the board...

When you factor in that only about three weeks ago, they were asking everyine what size wicks to use in each jar before they start, that means NO testing had been done. And... unless they're only going to carry one or two scents and only one jar, there's no way they can be tested thorougly that fast.

This is a safety issue, but it's also a survival issue. Everytime a new candlemaker runs out and starts selling untested candles and/or poor quality ones, it puts a black mark on all small chandlers and makes it hard to get those "burned" customers to ever trust a "handmade" candle again. JMO

I agree with Dust and Scented. But I see the problem here as we did with the one in the gallery trying to say she wasnt going to post them on her website and ended up doing it.. They let us all know they are knew.. Then they ask for advice.. When we happen to call them on 1 thing , they tend to turn it around and play the " I'm the poor victim" game

I am glad that we sometimes call people out.. I don't think its out of hatred.. I think its out of concern for that person and for the homemade candle name.

Kudos to you all for sticking up for us.. I appreciate it :yay:

Guest EMercier

OK, so what if (s)he wants to sell? Most here know the benefits of testing. (trust me I do) If there is an accident, they are at fault and no one here. You can tell people until you are blue in the face that they should test, but people are going to do what they want. I also feel that at times typing on here can be mistaken for a different tone of voice. Honestly, when I read some posts, It looks like some where talking down to others. I mean so what if she lied? How is this skin off any one's back on here? Is that going to impact your business? Will the candle burn down your house? I edit stuff on here, but mostly it's due to spelling errors, or when I re-read it and it didn't sound right or I forgot something. I don't find it wrong in encouraging people. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not on either side, but I don't see where some comments were necessary.

OK, so what if (s)he wants to sell? Most here know the benefits of testing. (trust me I do) If there is an accident, they are at fault and no one here. You can tell people until you are blue in the face that they should test, but people are going to do what they want. I also feel that at times typing on here can be mistaken for a different tone of voice. Honestly, when I read some posts, It looks like some where talking down to others. I mean so what if she lied? How is this skin off any one's back on here? Is that going to impact your business? Will the candle burn down your house? I edit stuff on here, but mostly it's due to spelling errors, or when I re-read it and it didn't sound right or I forgot something. I don't find it wrong in encouraging people. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not on either side, but I don't see where some comments were necessary.

I can see where you're coming from but the fact is that people like this really do impact all of us. Some here make a living from thier candles. A lot of us spend a lot of time helping people learn.

When people get a crappy or dangerous candle, it leaves a bad taste in thier mouth. Word spreads. We all get a bad rap.

We can't compete on price, so we have to sell quality. We have to convince people that our candles are worth a bit more. It's hard to convince them of this, when somebody they know got burned, Either literally or figureatively, by another crafter.

Also, we have a little comunity here. We knowingly and willingly help out new people whom we know will be competing with us, at some point. We accept this. What's a bit hard to swallow, is when these people that we've helped, turn around and do things that have the potential for damageing the whole group... like selling unsafe candles and winding up on the evening news.

It's a bit of a betrayal of trust, on a good day. When they turn around and try to lie thier way out of it, when caught, it's even more of a betrayal. Turn around and pull this crap with editing the posts, and it's an additional insult to all of our intelligence.

It totally effects EVERYONE's business. She makes a product that burns down someone's house, it's on the news, POORLY MADE CANDLE CAUSES FIRE. People run to walmart to buy "safe" candles. They spread the story. "Candles made at home aren't safe, didn't you hear about Joe Blow's house? It was a bad candle."

Guest EMercier
It totally effects EVERYONE's business. She makes a product that burns down someone's house, it's on the news, POORLY MADE CANDLE CAUSES FIRE. People run to walmart to buy "safe" candles. They spread the story. "Candles made at home aren't safe, didn't you hear about Joe Blow's house? It was a bad candle."

People are still buying candles right? Look at it like this. If someone is smoking and that turns around a causes a fire because the cigarette was still lit, does that stop people from smoking? No, they think it won't happen to them. Also, when Ford had the whole tire incident, did people stop buying Ford's? No. My whole point is not to just pick sides or anything, but just to point out a simple fact. When you have a good product regardless of what others may do, you sell. It's up to the customers to know better. As far as the lying issue, karma is a $#%^&! Then again, how do I know that some on here aren't lying about stuff? We are all adults and trust one another. I've had someone who has been on here and had lots of posts lie to me. DO I not trust anyone else? No. I just eat it and keep going because not all people are like that.

I don't disagree with anyone, just pointing out a few things. They'll sue her and never buy a candle from her again. A true candle buyer will try something different if they were satisfied with their last purchase. :)

I don't disagree with anyone, just pointing out a few things. They'll sue her and never buy a candle from her again. A true candle buyer will try something different if they were satisfied with their last purchase. :)
A lot of people are reluctant to buy candles from the small producers. They have the perception that candles made by big companies or sold through major outlets are better. We don't want them proven right.