Wholesale votives

deputy6512

Hi guys, been off the board for a little while, but trying to catch up. Anyhow, I have an old friend from high school who contacted me about purchasing votives from me. Problem is, I don't make votives and don't plan to (only containers). So, I promised her I would check with this board to see who all does wholesale on votives. So, if anyone is interested she is starting a business involving childrens items (not sure exactly what), and said she needs pink and blue votives. If your interested, please PM me or respond to this message. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE to all who PM'd about this: Angie contacted me yesterday and stated that she has decided to go with the .33 Walmart votives. I advised her against this and explained to her how much a handmade votive would increase the value of her business (evidently she is going to sell baby shower gifts, and include pink or blue votives). She said she didn't think it would matter all that much, and she thought it would be CHEAPER to purchase a handmade one:shocked2:.

This whole ordeal has made me realize that people in general don't really care all that much about quality. They just look at how cheap something is, regardless if it is actually a good item or not. Oh well. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

No, not everyone cares about quality. Which is why places like walmart are selling well. If you want to pay mass market prices, then that's the quality you get. It's hard to get more people to appreciate a quality handmade product when the discount stores are everywhere and beckoning to them.

UPDATE to all who PM'd about this: Angie contacted me yesterday and stated that she has decided to go with the .33 Walmart votives. I advised her against this and explained to her how much a handmade votive would increase the value of her business (evidently she is going to sell baby shower gifts, and include pink or blue votives). She said she didn't think it would matter all that much, and she thought it would be CHEAPER to purchase a handmade one:shocked2:.

This whole ordeal has made me realize that people in general don't really care all that much about quality. They just look at how cheap something is, regardless if it is actually a good item or not. Oh well. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Many times sad to say....if she is really going for cheap, tell her Walgreens has a better price than Walmart....LOL!

Why would she think a handmade candle would be cheaper than a mass produced one? I still don't understand that one.....I see customers like that all the time...they think because its hand-made it should be cheaper for some reason. LOL. People are just weird.

I explained to her how much money and time goes into testing, but she didn't seem to understand. I have run across SOOOO many people over the 2 years that I have been doing this that look at me crosseyed when I talk about testing, wick size, etc... I can't remember what I thought before I made candles myself, but I can be pretty certain I had a little bit of a clue (at least I would like to think so!).

I explained to her how much money and time goes into testing, but she didn't seem to understand. I have run across SOOOO many people over the 2 years that I have been doing this that look at me crosseyed when I talk about testing, wick size, etc... I can't remember what I thought before I made candles myself, but I can be pretty certain I had a little bit of a clue (at least I would like to think so!).

Actually I think its because of shows like Martha and craft shows on DIY and the like where all they show is a person melting wax from leftover candles, sticking in a wick and waiting to light it. People have no idea the experimentation and testing involved in a properly made candle.

And not to bring up a bad subject, but companies that profess that candlemaking is an easy and get rich endeavour with very little time and effort involved screw it up for those of us that started from scratch. JMO.

Probably because there are no factory rental costs, equipment/machinery costs, employee wages to pay, etc.

You'd think people would understand that it costs more instead of less because of the limited quantity that can be produced at one time. Like I said before, some people are just weird...LOL.

You'd think people would understand that it costs more instead of less because of the limited quantity that can be produced at one time. Like I said before, some people are just weird...LOL.

I told my hubby about this, and he said this lady must have missed out on the industrial revolution, LOL.