Burn review for Greenleaf perfect blend wax and FO

Just got around to getting mine poured yesterday with CC Serendipity, and started burning today. A little adhesion problem, not bad though, poured at 140, so will try 150 next time. Excellent cold throw, burned today, excellent hot throw. Poured in widemouth half pint jars and double wicked with HTP73. Good meltpool all the way across in about 3 1/2 hours. I have been a devoted puresoy girl, but am very impressed with this wax, so far. Have enough wax to pour another candle, so will be doing that this week to test one of my lighter FO's. Thank you again Brenda for the sample. Maybe finally a wax that I like that I can get local. :D

You are most welcome. Come in and see us some time. Glad to hear you liked it. Samples will start going again probably on Thursday. Wax is due in Wednesday.

Thanks

Brenda

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I poured Brenda's Mulberry in the 70/30 blend. 1.5 oz pp in an 8 oz square mason. I used an Eco-10 and have burned it twice already. It did wonderful except I think I might try an Eco-8 in this FO because the Eco-10 seems to be getting too hot toward the 3 hour mark and the flame is getting too high. I also have mushrooming so I will down the wick size.

I finally poured my sample. I used 12 oz frosted metro jar, HTP 105, poured at 150 degrees, 4 drops of color, Indonesian Teak FO. It looks nice, creamy and smooth. So far the top looks great, but it's not finished cooling so we'll see. I'll test burn tomorrow. Not sure about how this wick size will act, just a starting point I guess. Maybe I should of used HTP 126? Has anyone else had luck with the HTP wicks in this wax?

The frosted metro jars are very cool. I recieved them in 3 days after I placed my order. :)

Suzanne,

I tried 2 HTP 83s in my 3 1/2" container(Teak) at the mp got way too deep so I ended up with 2 LX 22s and could probably go down to LX 21.

I had a little trouble wicking the Maduro in a 3" container and ended up there with the HTP 126. I wasn't getting any throw with the LXs. The burn with the 126 is a little aggressive with big mushroom & should probably wick down one size. (I'm pretty inexperienced with soy & containers)

I just requested a sample of this, but may just go ahead and order a slab, because I am getting excited with these reviws, LOL! I am wondering.....do you think you could add some steric acid to this and make tarts and votives too? I would love to find 1 good wax that I can use for everything!!! :DHas anyone tried this?????? What do you think Brenda? TIA!

I used the Eco 10 in the Maduro and it seems to be doing okay.

Tonya,

thanks for the tip on the wick. I need to order another bottle (bigger:grin2: ) of Maduro since I used up the sample bottle on my 1st tester..and I plan on ordering some of the Eco wicks. I've got almost 2 full slabs of this wax to play with & want to test some of my other 60+ FOs to see how they throw.

I just requested a sample of this, but may just go ahead and order a slab, because I am getting excited with these reviws, LOL! I am wondering.....do you think you could add some steric acid to this and make tarts and votives too? I would love to find 1 good wax that I can use for everything!!! :DHas anyone tried this?????? What do you think Brenda? TIA!

We have had people make tarts with this already. I will PM you.

Thanks

Brenda

Thanks Pam, yup the HTP105 was to big for me, so I tried the HTP104 and still got soot so I tried 51 cotton wicks with very little soot, and right now I'm testing the ECO wicks, starting with ECO10. I'll see how these ECO's work.

Suzanne,

I tried 2 HTP 83s in my 3 1/2" container(Teak) at the mp got way too deep so I ended up with 2 LX 22s and could probably go down to LX 21.

I had a little trouble wicking the Maduro in a 3" container and ended up there with the HTP 126. I wasn't getting any throw with the LXs. The burn with the 126 is a little aggressive with big mushroom & should probably wick down one size. (I'm pretty inexperienced with soy & containers)

Poured a 16 oz tin and flowerpot votive yesterday, 4 drops of dye, 1.5 oz of Maduro. I didn't mean to use so much FO. Plus, I have one thousand wicks, none of which were the size I wanted to use, so I just wicked with the tin HTP105, which I knew was all wrong. I wicked the flowerpot with ECO 2. I'm having one of those candle weeks.:tongue2:

Anyhoo, I'm burning both. Even though the 16oz isn't reaching a full melt pool (of course, how could it with that wick???) the hot throw is incredible. So was the cold throw. This is good stuff. I called Brenda for some wicking recommendations and she recommended double wicking the tin since it's 4" across. So I'm going to try that.

So far, I really like the 70/30. Beautiful, creamy appearance, easy to work with, holds color well. Nice.

but now with the addition of par in this blend...how's the soot?

don't know how to compare the soot of this wax with other soy waxes since it's my 1st time w/any kinda of soy but I'll take a stab at your ?

I'm not getting any soot on 2 jars that are properly wicked, getting some soot on the one jar that I know is overwicked if I don't keep the wick trimmed real short....I'm not going to bother changing this wick cause it's almost burned down.

Hi I LOVE this wax I ordered 260lb I have a fundraiser coming up and want to use this. I tested in 8oz square used The teak 6% poured at 150 . First I used hpt105 in one then ECO10 The 10 bur end to hot hpt all so . So I'm testing the htp 104 Will see how tis goes. I think I'd like the htp wicks the most Darla

I poured my Greenleaf last nite. Got the Peaches & Cream sample. Smooth, creamy, the FO smelled good OOB. I didn't weigh the wax sample, maybe that's my problem. Not getting much throw at all. Wish I would have weighed it to be sure it wasn't more than a pound LOL. I'm using an Eco 8 in a half pint Ball jar, and it's got a pretty deep melt pool (an inch or a bit more), no hangup, and some soot. Thinking I'm going to wick down on this! I have 10 pounds of this wax, so I'm going to try another scent and see if that throws for me. I'm sure the throw issue is my fault though lol.

:cry2: :cry2: I just opened my slab that I ordered. I dug and I dug. And I dug some more...I shook the box, I shook again, then I poured out all the peanuts on the floor in my new candle room (new carpet)...but I didn't find any sample FO to try with my wax. I feel sooooooooooo left out. :cry2:

:tiptoe:

:cry2: :cry2: I just opened my slab that I ordered. I dug and I dug. And I dug some more...I shook the box, I shook again, then I poured out all the peanuts on the floor in my new candle room (new carpet)...but I didn't find any sample FO to try with my wax. I feel sooooooooooo left out. :cry2:

:tiptoe:

Please PM me your email address so I can look into this. We give free 1 oz samples with every order over $25 and you get to select which one you want. If your order didn't reach that amount - send me your email anyway - I can't have my customers :cry2: . I'll make the hurt go away :D

Thanks

Brenda

Please PM me your email address so I can look into this. We give free 1 oz samples with every order over $25 and you get to select which one you want. If your order didn't reach that amount - send me your email anyway - I can't have my customers :cry2: . I'll make the hurt go away :D

Thanks

Brenda

Okay...that explains it. I don't think my order was $25.00. I'll order some samples to try then. Now I don't feel so bad.....My husband said it was a kodak moment watching me tear thru the box. hahahaha....he thought I had lost something. (my mind---hahaha)

Okay...that explains it. I don't think my order was $25.00. I'll order some samples to try then. Now I don't feel so bad.....My husband said it was a kodak moment watching me tear thru the box. hahahaha....he thought I had lost something. (my mind---hahaha)

Hey - I know how it is. I'll put in a surprise in this one so it will be worth it for you. (Be sure and put that this is "Mizzbizzyb" in the comments section of our cart.)

Thanks

:yay:

Just placed my order for 10lbs and getting it shipped 2nd day air!!! I can't wait to try this wax. :D Reading this board makes me want to go back and order some more!!! It feels like Christmas in MARCH!

Just placed my order for 10lbs and getting it shipped 2nd day air!!! I can't wait to try this wax. :D Reading this board makes me want to go back and order some more!!! It feels like Christmas in MARCH!

I'm waiting on my 2nd order since receiving the free FO & wax sample:grin2: . You might as well place that next order now and save the "I should have's"

Indeed it is! I can't wait for my sample to arrive. I am experiencing some frustration with wax testing 415 and J50 for a nice blend that sets up smooth after pours and burns.

geek

Indeed it is! I can't wait for my sample to arrive. I am experiencing some frustration with wax testing 415 and J50 for a nice blend that sets up smooth after pours and burns.

geek

Geek,

You're in for a treat with the 70/30 wax - tops come out perfect after pouring and burning!!!

I'm waiting on my 2nd order since receiving the free FO & wax sample:grin2: . You might as well place that next order now and save the "I should have's"

I might just do that PAM! No wait...I did do that. LOL!