Burn review for Greenleaf perfect blend wax and FO

I burned it 24 hours after pouring. Nice smooth creamy appearance. The scent throw on a scale of 1-10 I would have to say is a 10. (energizing FO) Im getting almost a perfect burn the 1st time around. After 4 hours 1st burn and 2 hrs on 2nd burn I have just the slightest hang up of wax residue on the sides..just a tad. It's really burning quite beautifully. I really like how this was isnt as sticky like J223 or comfort blend and it's not a hard slab either. Just cut right through it with a butter knife. No wet spots either. It seems to take color pretty well too. So far I am very happy with this wax.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I burned it 24 hours after pouring. Nice smooth creamy appearance. The scent throw on a scale of 1-10 I would have to say is a 10. (energizing FO) Im getting almost a perfect burn the 1st time around. After 4 hours 1st burn and 2 hrs on 2nd burn I have just the slightest hang up of wax residue on the sides..just a tad. It's really burning quite beautifully. I really like how this was isnt as sticky like J223 or comfort blend and it's not a hard slab either. Just cut right through it with a butter knife. No wet spots either. It seems to take color pretty well too. So far I am very happy with this wax.

Ohhh, I am getting really excited about trying this wax! :yay:

Guest EMercier

I poured mine Saturday. I've been burning it. It burns great. I got the Vanilla Lavendar FO and it smells SO GOOD! I love it. I wanted to try soy. I think I like this.

I poured a sample candle last night. Beautiful is all I can say. The colors a vivid, no wet spots so far, awesome cold throw. Nice, smooth tops without that brainy look that happens occasionally w/J223. I'm going to get a sample slab and do some further testing on this wax. I'll be test burning this on Friday using a CD wick. I hope the hot throw is as fantastic as the cold throw.

Hi. Hey Aileen and Sherrie, Can you tell us what wick and size jar you tried with this wax? I think it would be a smaller wick than the 100% soy, right? So in a square mason, (3"diagonal) I have used 62C, HPT 1212 and CDN 18-20 in straight soy. Do you think I can come down maybe two sizes to start? I have been having such a time getting the 100% soy to wick well that this wax sounds almost perfect. Will pour tonight/tomorrow and see how it looks and then try wicking. Sure was nice of Brenda to make this offer as shipping is so expensive. The Indonesian teak smells good, too. Beth

Well, I followed the directions and poured at about 150. Used 4 drops of brown, 8.4% FO, and did warm the jar slightly. It came out looking great...glossy and creamy, smooth top with just a slight depression (but I had a sick granddaughter here also and I poured pretty fast). So far no frosting, no wet spots and looks impressive. I think the Indonesian Teak might be a more subtle scent, but it does have a cold throw. Will cure, wick, and see how it burns. So far, I'm impressed! Beth

:yay:

If you want to test at a higher FO load - just use less of the wax. I debated this before making the offer because most people like a slightly higher load than 1 oz to 1 lb but I don't carry 2 oz bottles. Indonesian Teak is a "smooth" fragrance. It performed well in our tests but it has no "sharp" notes. Just wanted to make a suggestion as to how to get a higher load if you are testing.

Thanks

Well, I'm test burning my 8 oz. sample candle now. I have to say, I'm impressed. It's only been burning for an hour and I am starting to smell it down the hall way. I have the candle burning in my kitchen. I went and bought a sample slab today to do some further testing. I did have some tiny bubbles that showed up the day after I poured. Still no wet spots but my sample did pull away from the jar. This wax definitely has my attention enough to do some further testing so I can tell Astor/Honeywell to take a hike! :yay:

Well, I'm test burning my 8 oz. sample candle now. I have to say, I'm impressed. It's only been burning for an hour and I am starting to smell it down the hall way. I have the candle burning in my kitchen. I went and bought a sample slab today to do some further testing. I did have some tiny bubbles that showed up the day after I poured. Still no wet spots but my sample did pull away from the jar. This wax definitely has my attention enough to do some further testing so I can tell Astor/Honeywell to take a hike! :yay:

Try pouring just a little hotter and let me know how it goes. It gives the jar just a little more time to warm up with the wax. Glad you are liking it to test further.

Thanks

Guest EMercier

I'm still burning my candle I made and it smells so good and it burns well. I need to change the wick though. I just love the Vanilla Lavandar so much. The wax burns much slower. Only thing is that I had some wet spots . I've tried to use the heat gun before to remove them, but I just messed up the candle. Something I can do to get rid of those? I don't normally get them.