It's Bohunk Time!

Well, got the kiddo off to school, DH off to work, and the dogs/cat/fish fed.

It's Bohunk Time!:yay:

This is my first attempt but will NOT be my last. This stuff is simply divine! I mixed some sugars to give it a different texture, and used SNC's White Ginger & Amber. I cut the original recipe 80% and still have four 8 oz containers as well as two 2 oz containers. I may sub some different oils next time for so far I'm just pleased as punch.

Now if y'all will excuse me I'm off to take a nice looooooooooong shower!

[ATTACH]4491[/ATTACH]

post-2475-139458392387_thumb.jpg

After a sugar scrub cools does it get harder? I made some a week ago and it is very stiff in the jar now. I don't mind its not hard to use or anything but wondered if I put too much sugar in. Used the amt called for in recipe but subbed 1/2 cup with demara sugar. First scrub I tried.

Glo

So far mine is still nice and soft, I'll let you know how it looks/feels tomorrow. I used the Bohunk's #14 recipe. I used 3 oz of demerara sugar then just added white sugar until I liked the consistency (about 2 more oz). I like a real scrubby scrub this time of year, come summer I'll probably not use the demerara.

Bohunk's recipe does tend to harden a bit after a day or two. It is just the nature of the recipe. I have found that by using softer oils it doesn't get quite so hard. I have never used coconut oil and did not care for the palm kernel oil either. I whip my up for 30-45 minutes and it has nice soft peaks. It still hardens a bit, but not like it did before. I also watch how much sugar I use. If I get too much it gets like paste.

Ann

Ok, here is my problem, I have been relunctant to try either scrub bcz I suck at percentages and the recipes call for %, can someone help me decipher the recipes in to oz. etc. I don't care which recipe it is at this point, or both would work also

Thanks

Michelle

I made some of this last night, with just what I had on hand. Very simple oils, no butter, so I had to tweak it quite a bit. The recipe I used was:

10% E-wax

15% stearic acid

71% liquid oils (almost equal parts of peanut, safflower, and olive with a tiny bit of castor)

1% Cetyl Alcohol

2% FO

1% Phenonip

I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'm not used to the lotion after-effect when using a scrub. I'll be doing the "holy grail" scrub when my butters come in, so I may try this one again, but using the original recipe.

Mine is somewhat like a creamy lotion paste, if that makes sense. I used salt, because I didn't have any sugar. Used a lot more than the recipe called for. I made a 20 oz batch of oils, then added 10 oz. of salt.

And like an idiot, I grabbed the water based colorant, and now it has little specks of color. *lol* Doesn't look too bad though. I'll go post a pic.

I checked the consistency again today (about 24 hours later) and it's still light & fluffy. Dunno how long it will take to harden, but I doubt too much of it will be around for long! It feels a lot to me like whipped cream that has gotten just a tiny bit warm, not super light but not runny either. It left my skin very soft but I do think I like a bit more of a heavy duty scrub (the kind that looks like oily sand). Of course I could add more sugar the next time. It will definitely be a work in progress. Sub sub sub!

By the way, Newton the corgi just guards the products, there is no animal testing in my house! Though he'd probably try to eat this as it smells so good ;)