Wax Melter

I use an 18 quart turkey roaster for melting wax. It has a temperature dial on it so you can keep the wax at a steady temperature. It holds about 20 to 25 pounds of wax at once. When it is all liquid I have a seperate coffee mug thing that I use to dip the wax out with. I have found that this is the best way to make lots of candles fast. It is a lot faster than the traditional double boiler system.

I like the turkey roaster idea because you can hold so much wax...

someone also mentioned at Gander Mountain they have these turkey cookers that are more upright and can hold up fifty pounds of wax take a little...for like $70-80.

That might not appeal to most people but I need a lot of wax liquified...

Can any one attet to the melt speed of the 18quart turkey roasters versus the big turkey cookers?

Somewhere there was a thread said the 18quarts take a really long time to melt. But if the turkey cookers take a long time to melt as well, maybe I should buy a couple 18quarts.

CKANTHON: how long does your 18quart take to melt 20lbs of wax?

IF I turn it on to about 250 degrees, it usually takes about 2 to 2.5 hours. If I know that I am going to make candles that day I turn it on during my luch hour and when I get home about 3 hours later it is all liquid. I will then turn it down to about 175 when I am making the candles.

Coppercreekinc's General Store

this is where I got my pot!! it is awesome it made life so much easier. It was worth every penny!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8232812645&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

that is a link so you can view one, I hope the link works

good lucK!!!

It looks like the one you bought on Ebay is already set up! No need to drill and attach parts, right? All set to use when you received it??

It looks like the one you bought on Ebay is already set up! No need to drill and attach parts, right? All set to use when you received it??

$55 plus $12 for shipping. You can get the pot for $20 at Wally World. The parts might run about $10.

Might be worth the extra $$$ to some folks, though.

The Turkey Fryers from GanderMtn are much faster than the Turkey Roasters. Plus they already have a valve in the bottom to pour off your melted wax (make sure you are not getting lasts years model, it doesn't have a valve). It only takes about 50 mins to an hour to completely melt...I can't imagine waiting 2-3 hours for my wax to melt.