Body butter vs whipped shea, also possibly looking to buy...

7Angela7

I don't do B&B so don't really know much about it. Is body butter & whipped shea comparable? Which one do you suggest to use for dry skin? My skin isn't normally dry, but my hands have been really dry out here lately.

I know there are plenty of people who make this stuff on the board, but as I was trying to search I got so overwhelmed. I haven't tried anybody's handmade creams, lotions, butters, shea....anything, so I'm not sure how they are different than the big name guys. Should I assume that with handmade B&B that it's better than what the big guys are putting out? I'd much rather give my money to somebody here than giving it to them, if I found something I liked. Do you guys that make these, sell sample sizes?

Thanks!

in my line.. they arent the same..... I know some people use the term interchangeably.

my whipped shea is just shea, light oil and cornstarch.... its great for very very dry skin.. not something i would want as a daily all over moisturizer...

my body butter, is shea+ other butters(cocoa mango etc...) plus water e wax etc... which is a very thick cream or lotion... thicker than a normal body lotion... but not so greasy and great all over daily moisturizer.

Really Angela, if you want to make a great moisturizer for the winter, you could buy a lb or two of shea and whip it up yourself with and oil from the grocery, olive, sunflower and some cornstach, it will be greasy but it does sink in and is a great moisturizer.

My whipped butters are also just butters (I use a combo of Shea, Kokum, and mango) with a little oil and it's great for my dry hands. I used to call them body butters but started calling them whipped because it's just not a consistency that is good for all over use....at least for me.:)